#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Cinemascore isnt worth anything, they ask a small sample size. Im not sure why its still being reported on by major trades.

That poll Rentrak did last weekend seemed more helpful. It had a percentage of the people who would definitely recommend the movie to other people.

How is comparing a sequel to one of the most beloved franchises ever even remotely compare to an original film? IO with a low end of 34m had an internal IM of 9.2. That suggests anything but front-loading.

And IO is the first Pixar (fanbase) film in two years.

1. I hate the Minions.

2. I hate that the Minions have spawned this fad where every animated movie has to have some cute, useless thing in it.

Nah, scratch started that eons ago in Ice Age.

Edited by The Futurist

If Inside Out hits 100 for the weekend, could we be looking at another 400 mill film? Would all depend on how it holds up against minions but with the Wom it seems to be getting it could happen.

All I care about is it beating the Minions so I can have my club succeed :P Anything more is gravy.

• Like 1

It was about the combo of Gru, the girls and the minions.

Really? I disagree no we shall see how Minions fares without Gru and crew.

If Inside Out hits 100 for the weekend, could we be looking at another 400 mill film? Would all depend on how it holds up against minions but with the Wom it seems to be getting it could happen.

FN's 457m adjusted gross or bust!

• Like 1

It was about the combo of Gru, the girls and the minions.

This isn't entirely wrong (people do underestimate the other characters) but the Minions are the cornerstone of the franchise's success and the Minions movie is going to introduce new human characters who might be just as appealing as the old ones.