#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

This weekend is amazing, even better than last weekend. Jw could reach $400 in 10 days. I think $600 is more possible every day, i can't believe it. 

It's been steadily outpacing TA1 since its 2nd opening day. It will be hard to believe if it cannot hit at least 630M domestic.

Some are talking about Avatar-like $700M

• Like 2

Yeah, I remember. FF7 made that so AoU has to make more. Is it so hard to comprehend that SW7 will make less than JW? Considering how much JW is doing, there are more chances SW will make less, than it doing more. But its ok, I know you are a fan. I forgive you.

You are aware of the six month gap?

Do you sincerely think a June release doing really well will prevent a December release to the most anticipated of 2015 from exploding? :D

Plenty on here said Avengers 2 would decline - the mixed reception hurt it big time

Star Wars Episode VII has Christmas, New Year's, the first film in a new trilogy, no major competition until KFP3/Zootopia, and nostalgia

All people are saying is that if JW can do $600-700 million, SW7 has a shot at the same

If its spectacular, I'd be shocked if it misses $600 million. But if its equal to AOU, I'd expect $450-500 million

After JW and IO, I wouldn't underestimate Minions, Spectre, MJ2, GD or SW7. They all have the potential to do 300m... After 5 others this year lol.

2015 is just going to be a BO anomaly

Really hope JW stays above 30M for today. The closer to 31M the better. I told you all IO was gonna break out like crazy on Thursday. People told me it was impossible. 

• Like 2

FYI - in the international forum rth said in the UK JW may drop by less than 40% from Friday to Friday.

Could be heading for 2nd best 2nd weekend ever, after Skyfall ofcourse.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

:blink::o

Pretty sure the drop will be small over here as well. The massive heat may affect it. Today is over 40 degrees. I was expecting San Andreas to cut his legs but instead it is JW that is affecting SA on his OW.

FYI - in the international forum rth said in the UK JW may drop by less than 40% from Friday to Fr

Yes and in Germany it's looking to pass F7 in admissions at 4.2 million when it's all said and done. Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

$700m might be difficult to reach as the competition is going to eat into legs but $600m+ Is a cert

Ted 2 is a comedy

Terminator is going to be a casualty of JW ($40-50m 5 day instead of $60-70)

Minions is the same demo as IO, which clearly didnt stop JW from a sub 50% drop this weekend :P

Ant-Man looks set to disappoint

Pixels and MI5 are the only tentpoles that provide serious, direct competition that would hurt it enough to nuke it's late legs

I think JW is headed for $680-720m DOM

No its just someone who has a different opinion than you.

No not really. They are baiting into a response which is ok. Too bad he can't realize the movie is fun and it's providing a great time to audiences. That's what it's all about.

• Like 1

SW: TFA will follow JW.

Did we all already forget the discussion on the what went right thread? JW did well because

JW -- SW

Nostalgia! -- SW has that.

Adult fans of original bring their kids! -- SW has that.

Music from John Williams -- SW has that, JW doesn't ish.

Steven Speilberg connection -- George Lucas connection.

Superhero fatigue -- SW is not a superhero movie.

There's no way you can say this film has no shot for breaking out especially since JW did.

• Like 2