#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Not everyone has to love a movie for it to be huge. If it has a very wide appeal, some people can hate it and there's still enough viewers who love it to drive crazy business.

I loved it enough to watch it three times, two people I know liked it but won't watch it again, and one friend of mine hated it. But basically everyone I know wanted to watch it at least once.

• Like 1

Nah, at the very least, there's genuine curiosity, even from people who might not have seen it normally. Combine that with the rabid nostalgians, and there you go.

It's not that hard to believe though just judging off of critics and people here. There are a fair share here not liking it and a fair share of critics not liking it. Also IMDB score isn't stellar either. I think it's a movie that is very easy to go see in the summer and kids as well as nostalgia are helping it a lot. I don't think it's being as widely loved as some other big box office hits though, despite the numbers. If anything I think there's a lot of people out there that are liking not loving it, but that's been enough to drive the business combined with those other aforementioned factors.

*sarcasm. Come on yall, its ME here, not Ando.

• Like 2

Now JW doesn't have great WOM? LOL, this place :lol:

It's a possibility it doesn't have "great" WOM. Considering TPM had that same "nostalgic parents introduce their kids" phenomenon happen that made it a box office monster. Unless you want to argue TPM was that big because of WOM, but good luck with that.

Edited by MovieMan89

Dear Mr. Trevorrow, 

Enclosed you'll find a blank check, feel free to fill it out with whatever numbers you desire.

Yours truly, Universal Pictures

P.S.- We are need you!

He said he doesn't want to do another one right? Play hard to get and boom, biggest payday of your life.

It's a possibility it doesn't have "great" WOM. Considering TPM had that same "nostalgic parents introduce their kids" phenomenon happen that made it a box office monster. Unless you want to argue TPM was that big because of WOM, but good luck with that.

Nothing compares to TPM at all. We had people waiting in line for days to see it for the first showings. ;)

This thread: half the time is spent discussing the weekend box office numbers and the other half taken over by folks repeatedly reminding everyone how much they hate the movie. I think they should move their semi-off topic "We hate Jurassic World" posts to a separate thread so those who want to read about the weekend box office results don't have to go through dozens of hate posts to find one that's relavant to the topic. Just saying.

Several people already said that at the time TPM had terrific WOM. The hate came after.

• Like 1

I seem to remember plenty of people making the WOM argument for TPM, primarily with the kid demographics. Wanna know the difference between the two? The old school Star Wars loonies wish the prequels didn't exist while a lot of the old JP fans are happy JW exists. JP2 and JP3 sucking like they did probably has something to do with that. Lower expectations.

• Like 1

Unlike TPM this is making people happy.

So yeah, this does have great WOM.

Unlike TPM, JW won't sell as many tickets. So again, how do you know the WOM is the main driving force here? There's too much nostalgia at play in this one to tell. That's a factor we haven't had to consider for a box office phenom in quite some time.

Dear Mr. Trevorrow, 

Enclosed you'll find a blank check, feel free to fill it out with whatever numbers you desire.

P.S.- We are need you!

They so don't need Trevorrow. This is a franchise as producer-driven as they come, Universal will be happy to swap out a director who has repeatedly said he doesn't want to do another film like this one. Trevorrow accepted to do JW so he could make more of his own movies. 

• Like 4

They so don't need Trevorrow. This is a franchise as producer-driven as they come, Universal will be happy to swap out a director who has repeatedly said he doesn't want to do another film like this one. Trevorrow accepted to do JW so he could make more of his own movies. 

They can get Stephen Sommer, or maybe Breck Eisner.

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Trevorrow,

P.S.- We are need you!

True, but its not like the movie wouldn't have been this big without him.