#ED

Monday Actuals: JW - 11.5M | IO - 10.4M

Do you really think its generating another 350m from here on with that number?

I don't think so (it was always going to be a very big stretch no matter what), but I also don't think you can rule out anything this early. The Monday number compares pretty favorably with some of the biggest openers ever in terms of Monday to Monday drop, and none of those other films were coming off a Father's Day boost.

• Like 1

I didn't say it's taking down Avatar. There's just nothing wrong with this number, it changes nothing about it's potential and the doom and gloom posts are hilarious.

I did not say anything was wrong the number :P

• Like 1

Everything but the openers jumped way more than 20% last year:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2014-06-24&p=.htm

I can see where eXtacy is getting 8% for JP4. TA1 only jumped 7% on its second Tuesday, which is surprising given it dropped almost 75% from Sunday to Monday and Discount Tuesday was already a big deal in 2012.

You know eXtacy, don't take offense to anything I say, but I'm really getting this vibe from you that you want JW to fail. Every post from you I see is "it won't get this" and "it won't reach that" and "well this is definitely off the table now" and "here's a lowball estimate that's way lower than everyone else's predictions."

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I'm personally seeing. Nothing necessarily wrong with it, just something I've noticed.

• Like 1

You know eXtacy, don't take offense to anything I say, but I'm really getting this vibe from you that you want JW to fail. Every post from you I see is "it won't get this" and "it won't reach that" and "well this is definitely off the table now" and "here's a lowball estimate that's way lower than everyone else's predictions."

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I'm personally seeing. Nothing necessarily wrong with it, just something I've noticed.

$50m weekend would be pretty good coming off inflated Father's Day weekend. Likely would have made around $98-99m for second weekend without FD.

Agreed. But I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with it. Most people on this forum have certain movies they want to fail.

Marvel Fanboys = anything not Marvel

DC Fanboys = anything not DC

Some people in general = Fantastic 4

Some people in General = Terminator Genisys

It's just natural.

Agreed. But I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with it. Most people on this forum have certain movies they want to fail.

Marvel Fanboys = anything not Marvel

DC Fanboys = anything not DC

Some people in general = Fantastic 4

Some people in General = Terminator Genisys

It's just natural.

I don't think I've ever wanted a movie to fail. Good box office is entertaining box office, and films that do seriously bad (like Battle for Terra and that random 2008 animated film... I'll have to find the title) are really sickening to watch.

I guess I'll never understand rooting for failure. It is just not my thing.

I don't think I've ever wanted a movie to fail. Good box office is entertaining box office, and films that do seriously bad (like Battle for Terra and that random 2008 animated film... I'll have to find the title) are really sickening to watch.

I guess I'll never understand rooting for failure. It is just not my thing.

Delgo?

The race between IO and JW is going to be insanely close this weekend. 50M is basically a guarantee at this point for both.

I don't think it will be very close.    I'm not feeling IO as a movie people are going to rave about or need to see multiple times.   And in two viewings, I haven't heard a single kid laugh.