Monday to Monday drops for huge openers:

SM3 - 65.3%

TA1 - 58.1%

TDK - 57.1%

DMC - 56.4%

JP4 - 53.8%

SM1 - 52.8%

Seems like it is doing just fine to me.

Yep. Good comparison. JW compares well with TDK and DMC since they are both late summer I.e. July openers.

• Like 1

Yep. Good comparison. JW compares well with TDK and DMC since they are both late summer I.e. July openers.

It's hard though. Last week I was hoping for 100 weekdays and 94 weekend (based on TDK's 80 weekdays and 75 weekend) to get close to 400 in 10 days. It did the opposite with 87 weekdays and 106 weekend. You have to blend the performances of May and July to try to figure out June performance.

Either way though it's a good sign that it's a lot closer to SM1 than SM3 on this chart. SM1 dropped 36.9% in the third weekend and even SM3 "only" dropped 50% in the third weekend.

• Like 2

Not a great drop for IO, considering its Sunday was already a bit deflated.

It's Sunday wasn't deflated...it just didn't benefit from Fathers Day as much as some other films did like more action, male centric movies.

• Like 5

It's hard though. Last week I was hoping for 100 weekdays and 94 weekend (based on TDK's 80 weekdays and 75 weekend) to get close to 400 in 10 days. It did the opposite with 87 weekdays and 106 weekend. You have to blend the performances of May and July to try to figure out June performance.

Either way though it's a good sign that it's a lot closer to SM1 than SM3 on this chart. SM1 dropped 36.9% in the third weekend and even SM3 "only" dropped 50% in the third weekend.

Yeah. SM1 is a good ref. Point. Since JW is a june opener and appeals more to families, it is likely to do relatively better on weekends vs weekdays compared to TDK. Edited by jb007

Let's put this in perspective.

JW drop 2nd Monday from Father's Day - 69.5%

TA1 drop 2nd Monday from a normal Day - 74.4%

Now TA1 did have kids in school, but JW's weekends aren't playing so far like a normal summer film...so it should continue to pull away and puts it in a great position for 650m+

• Like 2

Pixar June first Monday drops:

Cars: 62%

Cars 2: 59%

Inside Out: 59%

MU: 52%

TS3: 51%

Brave: 50%

Wall-E: 49%

Ratatouille: 44%

Did Cars have father's day on its opening Sunday? Edited by Ethan Hunt