#ED

Monday Actuals: JW - 11.5M | IO - 10.4M

I didn't say it's taking down Avatar. There's just nothing wrong with this number, it changes nothing about it's potential and the doom and gloom posts are hilarious.

Calling posts that might be a little more on the conservative side doom and gloom is also hilarious. There is nothing doomy and gloomy about grossing over $600m DOM.

Updated Monday to Monday drops for huge openers:

SM3 - 65.3%

DH2 - 64.1%

TA2 - 59.2%

IM3 - 59.0%

TA1 - 58.1%

TDKR - 57.9%

TDK - 57.1%

DMC - 56.4%

JP4 - 54.36%

SM1 - 52.8%

Not too shabby JP4.

And that's with the inflated FD Sunday increasing the 2nd Monday drop. SM1 had also burned through less demand.

And that's with the inflated FD Sunday increasing the 2nd Monday drop. SM1 had also burned through less demand.

Yes, very different era. Way more frontloading now. Not likely to match SM1's 3.51 multiplier. That one was down only 30% Thursday to Monday compared to 35% for JP4 and 36% for TDK/Avengers.

FD or not, it shouldn't affect monday's gross, ergo it shouldn't affect monday-to-monday drops. So i dunno why referencing FD in this case...

At least $55M. I still think closer to $60M. What kind of bump is expected for Jurassic and Inside Out today? 15%?

I'm hoping for that but not sure. Avengers only jumped 7% on the second Tuesday even though the Sunday to Monday drop was over 74% (even steeper than JP4's). Makes me cautious about today's number.