Bonenash

Tuesday Actuals: Jurassic World - 13.13M | Inside Out 13.04M

Why do you guys think the overseas market for SW is soft?  It's not on the same plain as Potter and some of the true giants, but 800 mill overseas is a good amount.  And if it were to gross 1.4 billion, I think that's a terrific amount.  I personally think it can go higher but 800 mill overseas is still quite huge.  That's approaching Avengers type money.

The market place has changed. SW: TFA will make a HUGE amount of money.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

SW7 will do well. IMAX and 3D will be big part of the gross.

Speaking of Star Wars...

"Star Wars" actor Jake Lloyd has been struggling with the Dark Side for some time, according to a report. 

The 26-year-old former child actor, who remained in jail Tuesday, suffers from serious mental health issues and attacked his mom a few months ago after going off his meds, TMZ reports. 

anakin22n-7-web.jpg

The ex-actor's mom, Lisa, told the site Lloyd came after her at her home in Indianapolis on March 26 in a frenzy brought on by his struggles with schizophrenia. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/dash-cam-footage-shows-jake-lloyd-chase-article-1.2267949

Edited by #ED

Yeah, baumer, not getting it either. I think the absolute floor for Episdoe VII is $500M+ DOM and $900M+ OS. People are goofy. Star Wars will play huge in Europe, Asia and South America.

900m is not the floor for OS.

I don't think it's locked. It'd need to make around 900m OS to do that, very possible but not locked.

Also, I agree with everyone who think Ted's going to win the weekend. Ted would have to underperform badly not to win it.

Ted could make $52m-$54m and finish 3rd...

IO is definitely gonna have atleast a 3.8x Multi and thus its definitely gonna slide past 340m. It just can't be frontloaded...Why and How the hell could it be? What did it have to make it so. It didn't have anything but the Pixar Brand which had lost a lot of its charm in recent years causing a lot of fans to subside. Plus its much better than all the recent Pixar animated films which means comparing with them is useless. Its gonna have the best word of mouth since Toy Story 3. This increase indicates that too. If it makes 55m+ this coming weekend than it will prove me right and that it has more or less stellar WOM. Otherwise, if it falls below 50m than it would prove that this couldn't connect with children and couldn't convince adults enough ti go watch it. The next weekend will clear uo thongs a lot.

That's why i'm not a fan of Pixar, they have to disguise it.

I don't buy this at all. Inside Out is much, much more a film for adolescents ages 8 to 16 than adults. But, as with other Pixar films, adults can appreciate/connect with the concepts as well. Hence the PG rating. Maybe tots won't catch on. But a reasonably intelligent kid/teen can easily digest all of the ideas at play in the film. I mean, come on, like adults aren't already familiar with the emotions at play and what becomes of them as the narrative throughline reaches a conclusion.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

watch Ted 2 open up to something ridiculous like 90 million now. Lol. It would just make sense seeing how crazy the box office has been there for the last 2 weeks.

• Like 2

there was definitely some jokes aimed at adults for inside out. I know Pixar usually does this they have jokes for adults. But I definitely related to this story much more than anything else they have put out. I'm glad I enjoyed this one I can finally say that at least for this movie I am teteam pixar lol

• Like 8

Still too early to tell. It had one of Pixar's steepest first Monday drops yesterday.

Father's Day and parents having jobs. Ratatouille and WALL-E had their first Mondays during July 4th week, so they're not accurate comps. Cars 2 had horrid WOM but also didn't open over FD. Cars 1 is so long ago that I wouldn't consider it an accurate comp either. Plus, it opened a week before IO, so summer weekdays weren't in full effect yet. 

TS3 is the best comparison. And I would say it held better than IO on its first Monday because of its immediate teen/adult appeal and slightly more weekend spillover. IO is something a lot of adults weren't actively seeking out and are just hearing about from other adults who went to see it with their kids. 

IO at the very least isn't going to be frontloaded. 3.75x at the least (TS3 level) to 5x (roughly Finding Nemo) at the maximum

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1