baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

BoxOffice.com

Agora mesmo ·

TED 2: $20.3M Overseas Total / $53.2M Global Total ‪#‎Ted2‬

Not even OS will save it. 

I knew it! I knew OS would behave just like DOM.

This movie just doesn't have an appealing enough story to make the concept work for audiences again.

BoxOffice.com

Agora mesmo ·

JURASSIC WORLD: $737.5M Overseas Total / $1.238B Global Total ‪#‎JurassicWorld‬

sounds like a good WE WW hold for JW?

thinking to open a "don't underestimate JW WE" thread lol

Edited by TacoBell
  • Like 2

If it wasn't for the 4th falling on a Saturday I'd say IO would comfortably take first. Terminator will be kinda DOA but it's going to directly compete with JW, and Mike will burn off a lot of its demand early but it's gonna have the best Saturday hold. Who knows.

I still think there are still some good enough signs for Terminator that it would have to compete with IO for the top spot. JW will probably settle for third.

JW and IO numbers never fail to amaze me. We will talk about these insane performances in the years to come. Yes, some of their target audiences overlap but it seems like they are not really competing with each other. It's like they are a combo of films that obliterate everything on their path.

Also, this is the best Pixar run in years, probably of all time. True, it will finish lower than TS III. But a run like this from an original film during a time when JW is doing insane numbers is just astounding. Even if MINIONS outgrosses it, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

And yes, JW is a monster in every sense of the word. Crazy run.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 3

Seeing JP4 for the third time. Fucking hell. $8.50 for a 20 ounce bottled water and Raisinets. Movie concessions are a bitch.

Why don't you just smuggle stuff in? I do it all of the time. Only thing I might get at the concession stands is either the popcorn or the cheese sticks.

• Like 1

BoxOffice.com

Agora mesmo ·

TED 2: $20.3M Overseas Total / $53.2M Global Total ‪#‎Ted2‬

Not even OS will save it. 

Is there anything given that people even liked the first Ted? Just because it did decent at the BO the first time around doesn't mean that people liked it. Maybe it was too mean spirited of a comedy for most, especially right now with all of the bullshit going on in the real world.