baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Screw you all, I think Temple of Doom is great and I think I might actually enjoy it more than Last Crusade (which is no knock against Last Crusade; as good as it is, and despite the added value of Connery, Last Crusade almost feels by-the-numbers at times, if that makes any sense).

Continuing my Indy/Vacation parallels from earlier in the thread, Indy 4 is almost like the Vegas Vacation of the series to me. I don't understand why anybody would rank it above TOD; to me it makes as much sense as ranking Vegas Vacation above European Vacation (which is the TOD equivalent as far as how much shit it gets from people).

blasphemy.gif

• Like 2

Screw you all, I think Temple of Doom is great and I think I might actually enjoy it more than Last Crusade (which is no knock against Last Crusade; as good as it is, and despite the added value of Connery, Last Crusade almost feels by-the-numbers at times, if that makes any sense).

Connery needs to come in here and smack you around a bit. :P

• Like 4

I love LAST CRUSADE, but I agree with TServo. The return to the Nazis and a Christian relic feels a bit like warmed-over RAIDERS with a lighter touch. Now, it's really damn good warmed-over RAIDERS, but still...

Tele pls. Not you too.

mjcry1.png

• Like 4

Max loading up on American patriotism.

Just wanted to say that people saying JW or IO performing at such high levels caused the Ted 2 disappointment and the impending TG one, no.

Ted 2 and TG looked uninspired and awful. Wherever they would have been released they would not make more.

blasphemy.gif

Calm down, Connery is the best part of the movie. And I don't dislike Last Crusade at all, I just feel something indescribable missing from it, like it's lost its edge versus TOD.

Actually, my opinion of Last Crusade is kind of like my opinion of Back to the Future Part II: People on the Internet like to place it head and shoulders above the other sequel in the trilogy, when I think they're on much more even footing, and the one everyone places lower ranks just a bit higher for me.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

I love LAST CRUSADE, but I agree with TServo. The return to the Nazis and a Christian relic feels a bit like warmed-over RAIDERS with a lighter touch. Now, it's really damn good warmed-over RAIDERS, but still...

As opposed to the clusterfuck that is Crystal Skull, Last Crusade was the perfect ending and it should have been left alone.

• Like 1

Max apparently got an A+ Cinemascore with old people (50+) and very young peopled (under 18). Maybe it will have pretty strong legs.

It should hold superbly next weekend being the 4th of July. Like sub-20% drop superb.

I remember in 1999, that's all SW fans talked about, especially when I hung out at The FORCE.NET... GASP!! :stretcher: 

I think it had lost me completely well before he appeared, by then it was too late. Its by far the worst movie in the top 20 all time (that ive seen, and yes, ive seen Revenge of the Fallen..)

Calm down, Connery is the best part of the movie. And I don't dislike Last Crusade at all, I just feel something indescribable missing from it, like it's lost its edge versus TOD.

Actually, my opinion of Last Crusade is kind of like my opinion of Back to the Future Part II: People on the Internet like to place it head and shoulders above the other sequel in the trilogy, when I think they're on much more even footing, and the one everyone places lower ranks just a bit higher for me.

I shan't calm down.

(I just like the gif)