baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

It's cool, Baumer.

Transformers the Movie (86) is my favorite hair metal movie that most people think is shit.

Yep, if you can relate to something others don't seem to, you are going to like the film no matter what.

Watching T2 now.  The beginning is so haunting.  So fucking epic.  Arnold's name to Fiedel's score and the fire in the background.  Just haunting.

• Like 1

It's cool, Baumer.

Transformers the Movie (86) is my favorite hair metal movie that most people think is shit.

I was bummed when Optimus Prime died in that movie.

30 YEARS OLD MOVIE! NOT SPOILERS! :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Ethan make sure you watch the early Tom Cruise films where he's a risk to everyone around him, defies authority, but dammit he's the best at what he does.

Also find a film where he runs too.

• Like 2

Yep, if you can relate to something others don't seem to, you are going to like the film no matter what.

Watching T2 now.  The beginning is so haunting.  So fucking epic.  Arnold's name to Fiedel's score and the fire in the background.  Just haunting.

Terminator 2 started the modern era epic blockbuster. 

• Like 1

Ethan make sure you watch the early Tom Cruise films where he's a risk to everyone around him, defies authority, but dammit he's the best at what he does.

Also find a film where he runs too.

Find a movie trailer where they don't show him running.

The Firm is about as good as it gets.

Dammit, we've moved onto Tom Cruise movies :angry:  Going back to franchise, these are how many franchises each of the big 6 have (Only including those with 2 movies released or those bound to become at least a trilogy):

Universal: 9 (Furious, JP, Despicable Me, Pitch Perfect, Ted, Bourne, Monsters, Fifty Shades, Purge)

Fox: 8 (Apes, X-Men, F4, Kung Fu Panda, HTTYD, Ice Age, Maze Runner, Alvin)

WB: 6 (DC, Potter, Lego, Journey, Godzilla, Mad Max)

Disney: 5 (Marvel, Star Wars, Toy Story, Cars, Pirates)

Paramount: 5 (Transformers, MI, Trek, Turtles, Paranormal Activity)

Sony: 3 (Spider-Man, Ghostbusters, Jump Street)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

How much money will Ted 2 loose(I know, it won't make much diff to Uni's books)? It should cover it's non-marketing budget I guess by getting close to 200m ww.

Should also do well on rentals. Those who stayed out of the theaters will catch it on rentals considering Ted 1 was liked.

How much money will Ted 2 loose(I know, it won't make much diff to Uni's books)? It should cover it's non-marketing budget I guess by getting close to 200m ww.

Should also do well on rentals. Those who stayed out of the theaters will catch it on rentals considering Ted 1 was liked.

Is it really going to lose any money?  I think the budget is under 100 million.  It's going to do fairly well WW I would imagine.

I think he's very good in a lot of movies, but Born on the Fourth of July remains his best performance. Imho

Yep, he's terrific in that.  I honestly don't know what I think his best is.  AFGM, the Firm, Rainman, BOTFOJ, Jerry Maguire, they are all terrific performances.