Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

eople need to understand the  box office run of JW think about it :

the film is at 520m in 20 days son 520/20 = 26m... Yes you read right around 26m flat each day during TWENTY days it s beyond real...

TA1 was at 374 for day 20 so 18.5m each day for 20 days and it was already unreal.... Just check mojo and look at the chart of JW lol ... it s limit impossible run lol....

It won't increase on Thu from Wed without previews, Under 7M for sure.

A lot of people are off work Friday, so a lot more people may be seeing it tonight. Yesterday it did 6.6 million, I could see a increase to over 7 million today. Yes it won't increase over it's 8.9 million number though.

He shouldn't have done The Last Stand as his first movie back from "retirement", IMO. 

Sabotage has a great director so that one I understand. It is a shame it ended up being crap.

The Last Stand has a better Director than Ayer...

A lot of people are off work Friday, so a lot more people may be seeing it tonight. Yesterday it did 6.6 million, I could see a increase to over 7 million today. Yes it won't increase over it's 8.9 million number though.

LOL I don't think anyone had any doubt about that.

So, do you girls and guys think that the poor showing for Terminator will affect Arnold's future projects? I would hate to see King Conan or whatever they're calling it these days cancelled. I've been waiting for a real Conan sequel since 1982.

Edited by Wonder Midget

So, do you girls and guys think that the poor showing for Terminator will affect Arnold's future projects? I would hate to see King Conan or whatever they're calling it these days cancelled. I've been waiting for a real Conan sequel since 1982.

King Conan is history. His days as a leading man are over.

Edited by CJohn

Umm, it grossed over 200 million domestic in 1991 :rolleyes: 

I was talking about The Lost World. ;)

The sarcastic conversation was about JW's falling estimate.

Edited by JurAssic Arachnid!™

Schwarzenegger had one good return and that was The Last Stand and it's a shame that it bombed. Now I think if they continue with the Terminator franchise just reboot it completely have the Rock as the protagonist or something.

unfortunately no, if this was in the 90's yes but even the modern general audience doesn't care about Conan anymore(no not Conan O' Brien), and even with the remake becoming the biggest bomb of 2011 right behind Mars Needs Moms.

Yes if Arnold can't have a hit with a Terminator movie. Universal isn't going to green lite Conan.

At this point, I don't see King Conan happening.

I know there's a movie involving time travel out, but let's not get carried away!

Any Saturday numbers yet Rth? What will JW make two Sundays from now?

Any Star Wars TFA numbers yet RTH?

Have modeling systems that have every day/wkend/week for every film, ranking etc for hmm about next 3 years  updating 24/7

Its evolving sure its going to become skynet  :P

Edited by rthandhisMinions
  • Like 18

So, how long before we see Arnold in a direct-to-video with Steven Segal battling Kung Fu werewolves are something like that?

Never, Arnold has too much of a ego and likes the limelight too much to ever do those type of films. Plus he's very rich and doesn't need to keep making movies for the money. He will do what he did earlier this year with Maggie. He will make small low budget indie films that play at festivals. That way Arnold still in respected type of films, gets to walk the red carpet and do interviews etc.. That is why his next movie is a Darren Aronofsky produced called 478. Which is written by the same writer who wrote the movie Enemy. So I think Arnold will do those kind of roles then start popping up as supporting roles in action movies and comedies.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 2

Have modeling systems that have every day/wkend/week for every film, ranking etc for hmm about next 3 years  updating 24/7

Its evolving sure its going to become skynet  :P

I like where this is going. 

Edited by CJohn