Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

TG did 6.7m wednesday and will drop to 5m tomorrow. No way its hitting 50m. Lucky to hit 35m now.

Tomorrow actually a better day for Terminator Genisys then today. A lot of people are off work Friday and will be going to the movies  tomorrow night, compared to tonight. So I can see the number actually increasing to say 7.5 million, even though it shows a drop from 9 million. So the 5 million stuff doesn't really make sense here.

Edited by gb0708

TG has bad WOM will kill it fast. Pre holiday effect could help it stay flat at best tomorrow. Friday will see max 50% increase. Saturday will drop 40% and sunday will see 10% increase.

How do you know it has bad WOM? Like I've told you many times over moviegoers are liking it more then you think. For example my audience clapped afterwards last night. I'd really like to see it Cinemascope score, even though that doesn't really matter either. As for everything, well you could be right or wrong. But like it's been mentioned already. It's hard to judge the actual increases for these two movies that have older adult fan-bases. So at this point it would just be guessing on our parts. That said even if the movie recovers to a 50 million dollar weekend and sneaks past 100-110 million. Well I agree that the franchise is dead, there's no way Paramount is going to risk two more sequels. With the movie struggling so badly to get teens in this movie with all the 3D and IMAX screens. So I'm not debating that the franchise is dead and this movie isn't a major disappointment for Paramount. But I honestly feel a big chunk of this movies audience hasn't seen this movie yet. So I don't think it will do as poorly as some are thinking that it will.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 2

:( I hope this does okay Thursday. While I may not even end up liking the film, I kind of wanted it to succeed just to show up people who were predicting failure since day 1. Plus, I admittedly wouldn't mind seeing more Terminator movies...

awful for TG (well looks like SHIT anyway...This franchise should have terminated with T2 JD, the perfect ending movie).

Average for MM.

The heaven's gates are now fully open again for IO and JW for respectively a 3th or 4th glorious WE

JW for the win for the fourth time helped by it's now famous trademark : underestimated then F.... everything at the end of the WE.

Guts speaking : 33/35M JW / 32/34 IO July 3-July 5

JW by sunday : 560m , mark my words

Edited by TacoBell

Terminator is an obsolete franchise that should have been terminated a long time ago.

Perhaps, but I bet the Terminator franchise could've remained a moderate money maker if the last 2 films weren't complete dog shit.  These studios have no1 to blame but themselves for hiring schlock maestro McG and some doofus TV director to further the series.

• Like 1

Perhaps, but I bet the Terminator franchise could've remained a moderate money maker if the last 2 films weren't complete dog shit. These studios have no1 to blame but themselves for hiring schlock maestro McG and some doofus TV director to further the series.

I just don't get how a film company can throw 200 million at a film yet not pay an extra million or so for a good script...

Just finished TS. Not a good film exactly but much better than T3 which was flat-out bad.

T1 = 8/10

T2 = 8/10

T3 = 3/10

T4 = 5/10

:( I hope this does okay Thursday. While I may not even end up liking the film, I kind of wanted it to succeed just to show up people who were predicting failure since day 1. Plus, I admittedly wouldn't mind seeing more Terminator movies...

I think it will do better tomorrow and a lot better on Friday. I still think it has a decent shot at 45-50 million dollar 5 day weekend, despite this bad first day. That said people who were predicting it to fail since day one aren't wrong. Yes after the way many of them acted and there lack of reason for hating on this movie. Well they don't deserve to be right, but life not fair sometimes and they are right in this case. This was suppose to be a movie that was intended to have a large 10-25 year old audience. That's why they casted Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney coming off Games of Thrones and Divergent movies. It's also why they modernize the franchise to be like a Marvel movie and set it up for 3D and IMAX screens.

Well one thing is clear right now, that 10-25 year old crowd didn't show up much for this movie. Now it's basically up to the older core fans to show up for it this weekend. If they don't show up either, well then it will be a complete embarrassment. Now I still think there's plenty of money for it to make domestically and it should still do well internationally.  So Paramount might not completely lose there ass on this. But there's no doubt that the franchise is done.  Because like I mentioned above the movie didn't connect with the audience that it was intended for.

Edited by gb0708

Have they spent anything on sequels? I thought they just announced them.

I'm sure there was a few million invested in them. Since they had script treatments written for them. While locking up the cast for three years and such. But Paramount will write that off like nothing at this point.

I think it will do better tomorrow and a lot better on Friday. I still think it has a decent shot at 45-50 million dollar 5 day weekend, despite this bad first day. That said people who were predicting it to fail since day one aren't wrong. Yes after the way many of them acted and there lack of reason for hating on this movie. Well they don't deserve to be right, but life not fair sometimes and they are right in this case. This was suppose to be a movie that was intended to have a large 10-25 year old audience. That's why they casted Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney coming off Games of Thrones and Divergent movies. It's also why they modernize the franchise to be like a Marvel movie and set it up for 3D and IMAX screens.

Well one thing is clear right now, that 10-25 year old crowd didn't show up much for this movie. Now it's basically up to the older core fans to show up for it this weekend. If they don't show up either, well then it will be a complete embarrassment. Now I still think there's plenty of money for it to make domestically and it should still do well internationally. So Paramount might not completely lose there ass on this. But there's no doubt that the franchise is done. Because like I mentioned above the movie didn't connect with the audience that it was intended for.

I believe that if a few of the trailers had been appealing to wider audience (rather than just try to cater to the fans) this could have been a conventional walk-up blockbuster and could have done a bit better today than it did. That being said, the weekend isn't over, and I just hope the film isn't a complete miss.