Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

TG needs 340 Million just to break even. Paramount will be lucky to make a minor profit for their 170 Million investment.

It will be fun to watch the fanboy meltdown,though.

It cost 155 million after New Orleans tax credit and I don't think 340 million worldwide is going to be a big problem for this movie. It's still going to do very well in some markets. That said, the franchise is likely done even if Paramount doesn't lose a ton of money on this.

• Like 1

It cost 155 million after New Orleans tax credit and I don't think 340 million worldwide is going to be a big problem for this movie. It's still going to do very well in some markets. That said, the franchise is likely done even if Paramount doesn't lose a ton of money on this.

Don't forget China. :P:)

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Wait...what? 

The last one was the series' highest grossing film worldwide and trailers for MI5 have been extremely well received. This is nothing like T5.

I agree.

I think MI5 is gonna perform similarly to FF5....the fifthquel that makes the most money both DOM & WW.

• Like 2

I remember MI4 success believe me, I just disagree completely & see the decline starting now. Trailers have been meh at best.

How big of a decline are you talking? I wouldn't be shocked with 180-190M ( I would be very disappointed though)