CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Inside Out - 6.4M; Jurassic World - 4.8M; Terminator Genisys - 4M; Magic Mike XXL - 3.2M (Actuals Page 13)

In terms of admissions, they all had good increases. Many of the Tuesday tickets being sold are cheaper than the Monday tickets, so the dollar gross is not going to jump by the same percentage as actual attendance. Inside Out had an amazing increase in both attendance and dollar gross.

This, my local theater changes 5 dollars all day for movies on Tuesdays. They also give away free popcorn all day. So the theater is always nuts on Tuesdays there.

If Minions is opening tomorrow night I would hope it's #1 on Movie Tickets. 

Yes, but IO is going to fall 70% this weekend.

• Like 2

Are you doom and gloom guy? Do you want everything to drop hard? lol. You've said this about IO and JW now.

I mean IO's number on MT, it dropped near 9% in a few hours. That seems pretty hard to me

Edited by bladels

IO appeal is universal, hits four quadrants very nicely. Minions, without Gru & the father-daughter dynamics, will be more unpredictable.

Who knows, it could do similar number as IO or it could do a typical Pixar range ($210M - $220M)

Minions is nort a 4-quadrant movie? Maybe its different in the US, but my freakin dad wants to see Minions and he hasn't seen a movie in theatres since Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. :lol: Also, the same with my mom (although she goes more often to the cinema).

Minions is nort a 4-quadrant movie? Maybe its different in the US, but my freakin dad wants to see Minions and he hasn't seen a movie in theatres since Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. :lol: Also, the same with my mom (although she goes more often to the cinema).

One person isn't a standard for whether something is four-quadrant.

I can tell you right now the vast majority of adults over the age of 25 would only go see Minions if they had a kid with them.

Minions is predominantly under 25. It's going to draw older adults out like JW/IO due to how childish/immature it is.

While Inside Out is more 50-50 in adult/kid appeal

Sherlock Holmes 2 did $185 million so it wasn't really four quad :D if your dad had gone to see Sniper, JW, IO, Avengers 1, Frozen and GotG, I might see your point.

I do think Minions will do phenomenal, but not to the point of hurting IO completely.

• Like 1

One person isn't a standard for whether something is four-quadrant.

I can tell you right now the vast majority of adults over the age of 25 would only go see Minions if they had a kid with them.

Minions is predominantly under 25. It's going to draw older adults out like JW/IO due to how childish/immature it is.

While Inside Out is more 50-50 in adult/kid appeal

Sherlock Holmes 2 did $185 million so it wasn't really four quad :D if your dad had gone to see Sniper, JW, IO, Avengers 1, Frozen and GotG, I might see your point.

I do think Minions will do phenomenal, but not to the point of hurting IO completely.

I sent you a PM.

I mean IO's number on MT, it dropped near 9% in a few hours. That seems pretty hard to me

What does percent have to do with anything, other than percent of total presales on MT? It doesn't give any indication how many tickets are preselling - if Minions presales start getting locked in, the total number of presales of which these are percentages of increases considerably, because a film on OW is going to have many more presales than a film in weekend 4. Of course IO's percentage will drop - it's going to have fewer presales than Minions regardless of how much it ends up holding.

It's not like people are canceling their presales for IO for this weekend, the number of presales isn't actually going down.

I just don't understand the method for analyzing these presale trend numbers.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

What does percent have to do with anything, other than percent of total presales on MT? It doesn't give any indication how many tickets are preselling - if Minions presales start getting locked in, the total number of presales of which these are percentages of increases considerably, because a film on OW is going to have many more presales than a film in weekend 4. Of course IO's percentage will drop - it's going to have fewer presales than Minions regardless of how much it ends up holding.

It's not like people are canceling their presales for IO for this weekend, the number of presales isn't actually going down.

I just don't understand the method for analyzing these presale trend numbers.

Did i say it mean anything?
  • Like 1