CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Id love to see Minions make 400 million. Then all the Pixar loonies will call it a cash grab as they hold a picture of John Lasseter and Mother Theresa side by side.

Lasseter's probably the worst of Pixar's core directors, so try again

I'll still call it a cashgrab

Shaun the Sheep is pretty awesome. Tele Jr'll probably see it.

Someone on this board says that movie has absolutely no dialogue, which gets me incredibly interested in it, despite never liking the source material

Yep. Give people they want to see and if its not a Pixar film it's automatically a cash grab. You guys f****** make me laugh sometimes seriously you're so predictable. Pics are really does donate all of their money to charity don't they.

DM3 wouldn't be a cashgrab, it'd be a franchise

Giving popular side-characters their own movies always feels like a cashgrab. Puss in Boots, Penguins of Madagascar, even Cars 2... all would be cashgrabs in my mind

I hope it out grosses Jurassic World and American Sniper.  :)

SPAGHETTII NOOO NOT YOU TOOO

This has to be one of the most if not THE most successful spin off not to mention one of the biggest openings for an CG animated movie.

There's no spinning this. This is another big success for Universal.

Yeah, at the least it should be just the fourth animated film to open to 100m. That's obviously still impressive.

Lasseter's probably the worst of Pixar's core directors, so try again

I'll still call it a cashgrab

Someone on this board says that movie has absolutely no dialogue, which gets me incredibly interested in it, despite never liking the source material

DM3 wouldn't be a cashgrab, it'd be a franchise

Giving popular side-characters their own movies always feels like a cashgrab. Puss in Boots, Penguins of Madagascar, even Cars 2... all would be cashgrabs in my mind

SPAGHETTII NOOO NOT YOU TOOO

Your hate against Minions is even funnier than Tele. Your tears will taste great as well.

• Like 2

Inside Out did wonders for Pixar's image. Before it released, people were accusing PIXAR of having sunk to the level of cash-grabbing. It reached its peak when Toy Story 4 was announced (and BTW, I've heard rumblings that TS4 won't really be a true TS4, but that it will be some kind of story taking place in the Toy Story universe but supposedly not centering around the main characters of the original trilogy, not involving humans at all. So basically, that it will be more a spin-off than a sequel?)

Boy, what one great movie can do to "rehabilitate" a studio whose reputation was "declining".

Toy Story 4 is a cashgrab though. Doesn't mean I won't see it for nostalgia and praying it's not bad.

Dory and Incredibles 2 are the only sequels that don't feel like cashgrabs for them (including MU and Cars 2 in their recent ones)

I don't know, I feel like Frozen backlash has already gotten to a lot of people.

We had a dance party at camp earlier this week and when I played Let It Go as a joke, every kid started freaking out at me in a negative sense. I definitely think Frozen backlash has hit hardcore; every kid I know can't stand the music anymore

Speaking of which, Frozen 2 is also a cashgrab

Yep. No artistic integrity in Minions. Took them two weeks to make it.

Sure looks like it from the trailers.

This will die on the West Coast. We're too health-conscious for Twinkies.

More than health-conscious, pretty sure these Twinkies are radioactive. And demonic.

• Like 1

This has to be one of the most if not THE most successful spin off not to mention one of the biggest openings for an CG animated movie.

There's no spinning this. This is another big success for Universal.

It's because they are actually the draw of the DM films. Imagine a movie featuring just Gru or the pathetic Scarlet.