CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Well, Pixar may be lucky if one of their 2 films ends up as #1 DOM animated grosser. But.....i really can't see Pixar having the need to win every year, DOM-wise in terms of animated films. Probably with Dory next year, since it's obvious...but in 2017?...not sure.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Because its not Pixar. Everyone will soon realize how terrible of a movie Minions is and they will demand refunds. Right now all executives from Pixar are in the Sudan providing food medicine and shelter to young homeless children.

You are the only one who believes this shit B.

Also, lol it was such a mistake releasing Magic Mike XXL on 4th of July weekend. It's gonna end up with a final total of around $75M, which is what it would have ended up with in total no matter when it was released.

I think it could have been bigger on another date. Still think it was a crappy decision to release it there.

Inside Out fudged too, lol. They were waiting for Uni to release the number on JP4 and went slightly higher for IO. :lol:

I had to drive an hour and 30 minutes to see JW together with Minions, the drive-in theaters around me has an IO/Minions double feature.

I had to drive an hour and 30 minutes to see JW together with Minions, the drive-in theaters around me has an IO/Minions double feature.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of drive in cinema? I don't understand why you would choose to watch a movie through a car window, plus when you're outside the sound isn't going to be anywhere near as good as a dedicated cinema screen. We don't have this phenomenon in my country so I don't think I quite understand it.

I think it could have been bigger on another date. Still think it was a crappy decision to release it there.

Nah, it's doing about as expected. Like Ted 2 it just never stood out as a sequel people were actually anticipating, so if it had opened on a regular weekend (instead of a holiday that's usually reserved for more "family-friendly" fare) a $30M/$75M run would've been expected. At least it's drop-off won't be that severe.

Also, all this fudge talk is making me hungry.

Wellesley_Fudge_Cake.jpg