CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

People, you need to read more than the last two comments before you post in a thread. FFS.

And Home has a worse RT rating than Minions yet easily made it past a 3x.

The audience scores, however, are essentially equal (and those tend to drop more and more after opening weekend). Given Minions is also part of a franchise and made big money on previews, I can absolutely see Minions failing to get a 3.0 multiplier. I would even go so far as to say it's likely given the information we have right now.

Toy Story 3 and WallE especially imo are two of the main culprits here.  Their stories are saccharine.  Their world is filled with wonder and awe and good.  But underneath it all is a cold and calculated Machiavellian plot to control all of you.  And it's working.  In fact, don't be surprised if I don't show up to forums tomorrow. 

OK, I'm not here to defend Pixar, but this statement, because of how creative the naysaying is, reminds me of a post from Titanic reviews thread

Titanic is a cynical movie that was calculated way before release , to make women cry and drag their husbands/boyfriends e.t.c with them .

See Baumer, you're naysaying the same way people naysay'ed about Titanic. And here's your post reponding to that Titanic comment. I guess people can use it towards yours on Pixar? :ph34r:

Just let it go.  He hates it and that's fine.  I don't like his sanctimonious crap either but if that's what some have to do to express themselves, then so be it. 

My brother said it was really dumb and kinda funny

It was pointless. Didn't warrant a movie. But again, I will say this. It's pretty obvious why Universal made this. Kids love the characters. They don't care about values or lessons whatever. It's all about slapstick and the hilarious scenes that matter here. That's what kids love watching. It's a given.

Amen. Minions sets back the artform of animation back to 80s bubblegum pop Saturday morning cartoons. Trash

If it's a cashgrab, why the fuck is Stanton back? If Dory's the main character, I guess it's a cashgrab, but nothing has said that Marlin isn't the main character again.

Calm down...

• Like 2