CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Right now i see:

Inside Out: 340-345m

Jurassic World: 640-645m

Ted 2: 80-85m

Terminator. Genisys: 85-90m

San Andreas: 150-155m

Mad Max: 150-155m

Spy: 110-115m

All I agree except San Andreas & MMFR will definitely hit $155M

JW: I wish it could outdo Titanic, looks like it is slowing down 

fast with Minions and especially Ant Man coming next week.

IO: Disney got clobbered again by Minions. 2013 repeat slaughter?

IO could get to DM2 number without the Yellow Pills goofing

around

Edited by zackzack

Lol at MM and TG being neck and neck for the weekend now despite MM opening to 15m less last weekend. Guess we judged MM's endurance prematurely. :P Come to think of it, MM even has a chance to stay flat from last weekend with that Fri. :blink:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

what I think...

(new) - Minions - $29,500 - 126.91 - 126.91

-44% - Jurassic World - $4,800 - 16.49 - 589.03

-45% - Inside Out - $4,455 - 16.23 - 282.76

-53% - Terminator Genisys - $3,374 - 12.76 - 67.78

(new) - The Gallows - $4,050 - 11.02 - 11.02

-29% - Magic Mike - $2,700 - 9.12 - 47.84

(new) - Self/Less - $2,475 - 5.82 - 5.82

-54% - Ted 2 -$2,365 - 5.11 - 71.13

-48% - Max - $1,647 - 3.44 - 33.72

-47% - Spy - $1,870 - 2.72 - 103.18

-56% - San Andreas - $1,625 - 1.23 - 150.02

Right now i see:

Inside Out: 340-345m

Jurassic World: 640-645m

Ted 2: 80-85m

Terminator. Genisys: 85-90m

San Andreas: 150-155m

Mad Max: 150-155m

Spy: 110-115m

TG will be at or near 80 million by the end of its third weekend. It making it to 90 million and will probably make it there by its 5th weekend(TomorowLand made it there in its 6th weekend). 90-95 million seems like a more realistic fall between number. Edited by gb0708

Minions gonna make yet another 2015 altercation to the all time WW records. At the rate this year is going, only Titanic and Avatar will survive the all time WW top ten. :lol:

We're getting at least two more 1b movies this year (Spectre and The Force Awakens). Watch Mockingjay and Good Dinosaur make a run for it too.

Minions gonna make yet another 2015 alteration to the all time WW records. At the rate this year is going, only Titanic and Avatar will survive the all time WW top ten. :lol:

Everything with less than 1.5 billion needs to worry.

But Titanic and Avatar can rest on their laurels.

Minions gonna make yet another 2015 alteration to the all time WW records. At the rate this year is going, only Titanic and Avatar will survive the all time WW top ten. :lol:

Pretty crazy year, even with the bad exchange rate.

We're getting at least two more 1b movies this year (Spectre and The Force Awakens). Watch Mockingjay and Good Dinosaur make a run for it too.

I'm not ruling out MI5 either at this rate. GP was a pretty big OS hit 4 years ago and look where the market is now. A DOM increase for it seems highly likely too.

JW won't beat Titanic due to stupid animation movies. emot-argh.gif

"Stupid animation movies?"

Like Minions?

Despicable Me is a sweet comedy about a hardened guy who finds spiritual salvation in

his adopted children. DM2 is about father's fear of losing his child to the big bad world

represented by the minions turning into an army of aggressive purple aliens. I always

thought the spy stuff, gadgets, are just genre stylings, nothing more.

Minions, I do agree, is only about the goofy antics of the Minions.

Edited by zackzack

So going to the drive-in is a pretty miserable experience. I haven't been in years and I'll probably never go again. 

Last Drive-in I've been to was when I lived in Santa Cruz CA nearly 20 years ago.  Double feature of Men in Black and The Lost World with an intermission between.  My memories of the drive-in are pretty good but I probably wouldn't like it much now. :lol:

"Stupid animation movies?"

Like Minions?

Despicable Me is a sweet comedy about a hardened guy who finds spiritual salvation in

his adopted children. DM2 is about father's fear of losing their girl to the big bad world

represented by the minions turning into an army of aggressive purple aliens. Minions, I do agree,

is only about the goofy antics of the Minions.

I just don't watch them anymore and haven't for over a decade.  I feel like I've grown out of them, but thats not to say anyone older who still watches them is abnormal. ;)

Edited by Ozymandias