CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Its held up and it is that good.

I said held up with a LOT of people, not just you. :P I love Avatar, but I can admit that it hasn't held up well with a lot of people. I don't get it personally, but it hasn't. I don't think Titanic has either. 

I said held up with a LOT of people, not just you. :P I love Avatar, but I can admit that it hasn't held up well with a lot of people. I don't get it personally, but it hasn't. I don't think Titanic has either. 

Titanic still holds up well. 

Abadah on the other hand.... and its only been 5 years.

I enjoy both, but Titanic definitely holds up better than Avatar. Then again, I never thought Avatar was anymore than a 7-8/10 type movie in the first place. At one point I rated Titanic around a 8 but I bumped it to a 9 after watching some of the special features and realizing how huge the scale of the project was. Could have been a complete clusterfuck. Cameron directed the heck out of it.

• Like 3

Not sure why you are laughing? It is a great #! I know James will be happy when he sees it. :P

Oh, because with that number, Minions is locked to break the animation OW...

:ph34r:

Titanic was on tv tonight... IN SPANISH!

They blurred out the boobs. How DID they get away with bare boobs in a PG-13 movie anyway? :ph34r:

PG-13 boobs gave the movie all its power. The next PG-13 blockbuster to have bare boobs will be the one to beat Titanic's admissions. ;)

Edited by MovieMan89

Min 38.9,JP4 7.3,IO 7,TG 5.6,MM2 3.5, Gal 3,Self 1.95,TED2 2.2

I was hoping a little higher for IO and JW

IO will do about $18m this weekend and JW about $19m.

Still great and their marraige remains strong

Edited by bladels

Congratulations Shrek the Turd. Your record is officially invincible.

I have ZERO idea if ANY film will EVER top it at this point.

Lord/Miller Spider-Man Movie? Lego Batman Movie? Probably something that crossovers with a huge IP...

Minions

31.1 (-20%)

116.2 OW   With July weekdays, i cant see less than 3x multiplier. Furious 7 will fall, but DM2 is in question. Fantastic opening nevertheless.

Jurassic World

5.5 (-25%)

18.0 Wknd (-39%)  The thing wont stop. Fantastic drop helped by the Minions

Inside Out

5.3 (-25%)

17.6 Wknd (-41%)  Impressive. Monsters dropped -56% against DM2 deflated weekend.

Terminator:Genisys

4.0 (-28%)

13.6 Wknd (-49%)   Damage is done, but this is a solid hold