Impact

Best Score-2015 predictions!

Ennio Morricone - The Hateful Eight

John Williams - The Force Awakens

Michael Giacchino - Inside Out

Mychael Danna - The Good Dinosaur

Carter Burwell - Carol

Could see: Alexandre Desplat for Suffragette, Thomas Newman for Bridge of Spies or Spectre, maybe James Horner getting a posthumous nomination. IMDb doesn't list a composer for The Revenant which leads me to wonder if Inarritu just hasn't hired one yet or the movie won't have original music.

Bridge of Spies

The Danish Girl

The Hateful Eight

Inside Out

Star Wars (if eligible)

Desplat could well get in twice again with Suffragette. Regardless, Morricone has this locked up already.

John Williams has said that this new score will feature the themes we all know only here and there. I think it's pretty much assured it will be eligible.

On Vanity Fair:  It’s all a continuation of an initial set of ideas. It’s a bit like adding paragraphs to a letter that’s been going on for a number of years. Starting with a completely new film, a story that I don’t know, characters that I haven’t met, my whole approach to writing music is completely different—trying to find an identity, trying to find melodic identifications if that’s needed for the characters, and so on.

There are some scenes where we do make reference to earlier thematic pieces. We haven’t done it yet, but we’re planning to do it. It’s something that I think will seem very natural and right in the moments for which we’ve chosen to do these kinds of quotes. There aren’t many of them, but there are a few that I think are important and will seem very much a part of the fabric of the piece in a positive and constructive way.

This could be one of the most incredible years for film music in a long long time.

Thomas Newman - Bridge of Spies

Giacchino - Inside Out

Williams - Star Wars 7

Morricone - Hateful Eight

Desplat (Danish girl or Suffragette)

But I would love to see Horner or Burwell managing to get room.

I don't think so. The score in the film for the most part isn't anything to write home about, which is a shame since it's Dario Marianelli.

There's a point where you think you're gonna get a real powerful piece of music when

Beck wakes up after being left for dead and manages to pull himself up and walk to Camp IV

but it never quite gets there.

Edited by 4815162342

I don't think so. The score in the film for the most part isn't anything to write home about, which is a shame since it's Dario Marianelli.

There's a point where you think you're gonna get a real powerful piece of music when

Beck wakes up after being left for dead and manages to pull himself up and walk to Camp IV

but it never quite gets there.

I can see that, the epilogue is pretty wonderful, and the core theme sets a nice tone. The suspense sections lacked though.

Burwell - Anomalisa Dannas - The Good Dinosaur Giacchino - Inside Out T Newman - Bridge of Spies Roque Banos - In the Heart of the Sea I've seen ANOMALISA and it isn't getting a score nomination.
Predicting this category pretty much is down to any non franchise auteur/Pixar project (movies that actually deserve it typically) plus whatever Oscar bait is trendy when the members start voting. Anomalisa is as good a bet as any with its late release date Edited by tribefan695