WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

No offense to Gopher but I will take numbers with grain of salt. Its too early and saturday bumps seem too big unless there was a reason friday numbers were subdued( no reason to think that as well).

That's what he said.

There are not many things that could make me give up on Marvel but going with a Captain Marvel movie over an Ant-Man sequel would do it.

I want an Ant-Man sequel badly, but at the same time I want a Captain Marvel movie. Both will get sequels in Phase 4 anyways so it's not like we're losing one.

Isn't his character a sports/athlete doctor?

Yeah that makes sense why they would know each other. But never explains why someone like Lebron would want to be such good friends with Hader character. They just make Lebron a goof and expect the audience to buy it. Heck Hader character doesn't even seem like he likes Lebron half the time. Maybe it just seems stupid to me, because I've heard so many stories about how Lebron really is and how he has this big entourage. So real life Lebron would never been friends with nerdy Hader.

Edited by gb0708

Yeah that makes sense why they would know each other. But never explains why someone like Lebron would want to be such good friends with Hader character. They just make Lebron a goof and expect the audience to buy it. Heck Hader character doesn't even seem like he likes Lebron half the time. Maybe it just seems stupid to me, because I've heard so many stories about how Lebron really is and how he has this big entourage. So real life Lebron would never been friends with nerdy Hader.

I hate Lebron... I really do but he seems like a nice guy and I don't see why he wouldn't be friends with a sports doctor who has worked with him on several occasions

I don't think the Sat number would hold unfortunately. That number is too good to be true so it's going to go down just like yesterday. There's no reason for it to hold that well this weekend. Ant-Man is it's direct competition demo-wise.

Even if he overshoots it by 9.3% like he did yesterday, that would be a $4.85m Saturday. Give it a $3.5m Sunday (28% drop like last week) and that's a $11.55m weekend, $300k ahead of Avengers even though Avengers was $2m ahead last weekend.

Avengers made another $45-46m after weekend #6 to reach $618m before the big theater expansion that pushed it past $620m. From a $611m total, $45m gets it to $656m...close enough to justify a similar expansion to Avengers and a push beyond Titanic's $658m.

• Like 2

Everything jumps like crazy this Sat. (JW jumps 65.6%, MOG)

Maybe because Fri is too shitty.

May also be because literally every movie in the top 5 apart from Trainwreck is playing to families mainly. Next week Pixels also joins the fray as another family movie option.

Even if he overshoots it by 9.3% like he did yesterday, that would be a $4.85m Saturday. Give it a $3.5m Sunday (28% drop like last week) and that's a $11.55m weekend, $300k ahead of Avengers even though Avengers was $2m ahead last weekend.

Avengers made another $45-46m after weekend #6 to reach $618m before the big theater expansion that pushed it past $620m. From a $611m total, $45m gets it to $656m...close enough to justify a similar expansion to Avengers and a push beyond Titanic's $658m.

I agree $11.55m is a great number (and a more realistic one actually). I just don't think it's going to do $12m+, that would be such an incredible hold. :lol:  

I hope it gets there without any help because I doubt universal is going to go for an expansion. They're not as hungry as Disney for records. If they were, F7 would be #3WW by now. But yeah beating titanic for #2 Dom would mean a lot more than beating avengers/F7 for #3 WW.

I hope it gets there without any help because I doubt universal is going to go for an expansion. They're not as hungry as Disney for records. If they were, F7 would be #3WW by now. But yeah beating titanic for #2 Dom would mean a lot more than beating avengers/F7 for #3 WW.

If it was just something random (like TA1 trying to get past $620m), I don't think they would do it. But if it's legitimately within a couple million of #2 on the chart, I would not be surprised if they go for it.

• Like 1