WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Just for the record, consider this:

First of all, I liked IO way more than Minions.  

But look at it this way.  Minions is going to make a minimum of about 200 million more than IO WW.

The budget was about half of IO

And yet people are disparaging Minions for some reason.  The box office doesn't lie.  In places like Australia, Argentina and Mexico it is doing huge business.  So hate on it all you want, but the DM franchise is a Titan.  And they keep their budgets low so their profit is much higher than a lot of other animated films.

Congrats to Universal and Illumination for a job well done.

• Like 3

Just for the record, consider this:

First of all, I liked IO way more than Minions.  

But look at it this way.  Minions is going to make a minimum of about 200 million more than IO WW.

The budget was about half of IO

And yet people are disparaging Minions for some reason.  The box office doesn't lie.  In places like Australia, Argentina and Mexico it is doing huge business.  So hate on it all you want, but the DM franchise is a Titan.  And they keep their budgets low so their profit is much higher than a lot of other animated films.

Congrats to Universal and Illumination for a job well done.

I read somewhere that DM II was the most profitable in 2013.

• Like 1

JW is just a bad movie, no ifs ands or buts. The last 20 minutes or so are ok, but you have to sit through so much unbearable garbage before you get to that point that it's not even remotely worth it.

JW is such a good movie, no ifs ands or buts.  The last 20 minutes are incredible and the rest of the movie is so much fun that by the time you get to the end, you're ready to be blown away.

• Like 4

So Bishop and Scooby love JW as much as I do but hate Titanic?  Hmmm, I guess we can't be friends anymore.  It was nice while it lasted.   :)

We can still be friends my man, you'll just be my friend who likes boring bloated over long films.  ;)

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

JW is such a good movie, no ifs ands or buts. The last 20 minutes are incredible and the rest of the movie is so much fun that by the time you get to the end, you're ready to be blown away.

We can love movies and still acknowledge that they aren't good daddy. I stan the FUCK out of Batman Forever tbh!

We can love movies and still acknowledge that they aren't good daddy. I stan the FUCK out of Batman Forever tbh!

We can like/hate something and still acknowledge that other people have different opinions, and just because they don't agree with us doesn't make them wrong.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

We can like/hate something and still acknowledge that other people have different opinions, and just because they don't agree with us doesn't make them wrong.

I think bad movies are pretty self-explanatory though. We know enough about film theory and the history of cinema to make those claims.

I love plenty of bad movies.

I'm out on a holiday but the only thing I do all day long is read these forums, even when I'm out! I love you guys! (yes, even the ones who hate JW) :)

Sorry for the random post I just felt like saying this

tumblr_nrp1tfa48J1te2j4wo1_500.png

• Like 1