grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

At this rate, Lego Bats should have a lock on a nomination...I'm not sure there will be a summer animated movie nominee - maybe CU...

CU was actually pretty decent. I'd like to see it get a nom.

• Like 1

At this rate, Lego Bats should have a lock on a nomination...I'm not sure there will be a summer animated movie nominee - maybe CU...

I think the Academy will definitely give the Oscar to LEGO Batman this year, especially after all the backlash for not even nominating the first LEGO movie. This year has been pathetically weak for animation.

Also Coco has zero hype, and no one cares outside of Pixar fanbooys.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, slambros said:

No matter how bad this film is, I am still going to urge you guys not to see it out of curiousity. If people see this film despite the quality, there's going to be consequences for the industry.

I mean we Made BatB a 500M domestic film. The industry can't get any more fucked up

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, slambros said:

No matter how bad this film is, I am still going to urge you guys not to see it out of curiousity. If people see this film despite the quality, there's going to be consequences for the industry.

No problemo

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I think the Academy will definitely give the Oscar to LEGO Batman this year, especially after all the backlash for not even nominating the first LEGO movie. This year has been pathetically weak for animation.

Either Lego Batman or Lego Ninjago is getting nominated. I think Ninjago can win it though over Batman. 2017 is 2011 all over again for animated movies. The only difference is DM3 is doing over $200M. TLBM like KFP2 was the sequel/spinoff destined to be big but underperforms. There's a sub $200M Cars movie, no big WDAS CGI movie, a bad Smurfs movie in the eyes of the GA (only difference is the better one flops), an unexpected breakout (Rango and Boss Baby) in the spring, a spinoff that'll disappoint (Ninjago and PIB) and a fuckton of family films where only two do over $100M.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Either Lego Batman or Lego Ninjago is getting nominated. I think Ninjago can win it though over Batman. 2017 is 2011 all over again for animated movies. The only difference is DM3 is doing over $200M. TLBM like KFP2 was the sequel/spinoff destined to be big but underperforms. There's a sub $200M Cars movie, no big WDAS CGI movie, a spinoff that'll disappoint (Ninjago and PIB) and a fuckton of family films where only two do over $100M.

But will there be anything close to as good as Rango the is year? (The answer is no)

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

But will there be anything close to as good as Rango the is year? (The answer is no)

I'm holding out for Ninjago. Rango is a modern animated classic that should've made way more.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

If Laika had a movie this year they would be frontrunner for an oscar.

Edited by retakutsy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's still one of my favorite movies of the decade

It probably is in both my top 10 of 2011 and top 10 animated movies. Considering this was the movie that caused Paramount to make an animated division, I'm disappointed that none of its films are near its quality.

This is the worst movie I've ever seen. Not even an exaggeration. Literally the worst movie ever. How this even got a release date after Sony screened it within their studio, is beyond me. 

And the thing that makes it even more mind blowing is you look at the cast and wonder HOW did so many talented people get subjected to make such a horrendous movie. I've repeatedly said that I never wish for a movie to fail or whatever BUT this movie deserves no money. None. In fact, I actually want the time I wasted from my life added back to my life. 

What a worthless piece of shit this movie was. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Just now, Nova said:

This is the worst movie I've ever seen. Not even an exaggeration. Literally the worst movie ever. How this even got a release date after Sony screened it within their studio, is beyond me. 

And the thing that makes it even more mind blowing is you look at the cast and wonder HOW did so many talented people get subjected to make such a horrendous movie. I've repeatedly said that I never wish for a movie to fail or whatever BUT this movie deserves no money. None. In fact, I actually want the time I wasted from my life added back to my life. 

You saw it? Also is it worse than Norm of The North since I have to take my little cousins to see this on Saturday.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

The thing about voice acting is your face is not visible to audience. It's easy cash without any danger to career.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

You saw it? Also is it worse than Norm of The North since I have to take my little cousins to see this on Saturday.

Yes. It's the worst movie ive ever watched. Like I wouldn't even take a kid to watch it. It's so so bad. Actually no, id take a kid to watch it to prove just how bad it is. Cause the kid would beg to leave. 

Best of luck to you this Saturday! 

• Like 2