grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Looks like the people who were calling toxic WOM for Minions were right. These holds have been abysmal for an animated film, no other way around it. I am surprised since it looks to me like it would be an easy pleaser to kids. Maybe it did have more of a teen/adult audience than I was giving it credit for ala the Shrek franchise?

• Like 1

ElMayimbe just said that The Crow reboot is essentially dead. The financier is going bankrupt. I have no idea where to post it so I'm just leaving it here.

:(

I will say the soundtrack was the best part of it. It was my go-to listening choice if I was feeling pissed at the world for whatever reason.

Remember that some of these companies are financed by bored billionaires who want to have fun in Hollywood, loosing hundreds of millions is no biggie for them.

Eh, yes and no. There is no amount of money so great you cant find a way to spend it. But as your wealth goes up it takes more and more work to accomplish that.

A friend of my dad's sold a health care company he founded and then retired, worth several hundred million. He then bought a bunch of land outside Santa Barbara and started a winery. Planted grapes, built a big beautiful tasting building and office, hired a good winemaker, and then installed a bunch of his kids in managerial positions.

After less than 10 years he put it on the market. It was bleeding him enough that he could see it was gonna be a problem in the not too distant future.

What the heck happened with F7? Didn't we get confirmation of it passing TA like over a month ago? But BOM still has it behind.

Universal never confirmed F7 beating TA. There was an erroneous OS total that originated from The Numbers, where about $9m of grosses from the Middle East got double-counted.

The current official OS number from Universal Pictures International is $1,161,925,548. The official studio DOM+OS totals still come to more than $5m behind Avengers. Even if they added the untracked domestic grosses of F7 from after JW's first week (Fandango still lists a few dollar theaters playing it within 200 mi of me), it still probably would end up a couple million behind TA. Now that Universal beat TA with JW, they probably feel it even less necessary to update F7's domestic grosses.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Looks like the people who were calling toxic WOM for Minions were right. These holds have been abysmal for an animated film, no other way around it. I am surprised since it looks to me like it would be an easy pleaser to kids. Maybe it did have more of a teen/adult audience than I was giving it credit for ala the Shrek franchise?

I think the kids really liked it. It's the wom from parents that's affecting it imo. They are the ones spending money after all.

I think the kids really liked it. It's the wom from parents that's affecting it imo. They are the ones spending money after all.

Yeah, but if it entertains their kids usually parents give good WOM to other parents regardless. Unless parents are truly despising it.

Of course with MARVEL Counteracting with CIVIL WAR and INFINITY WAR Part 1 and 2 and knocking the others down a notch as well.. The fact that it took 3 years for a movie to come along and knock it down a notch speaks volumes..

Yas-bitch-GIF.gif?gs=a

TELL THEM, BKB!!!!!!!! LET THEM KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3