grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

The fact that you are saying "If the studio picks up the marketing" just 5 days before the film opens is pretty telling, tbh.

We have seen WB do that earlier this year with Fury Road, they ran an awesome campaign the week leading up to release. Same as Rogue Nation actually, they brought forward the embargo and went full tilt with TV spots, featurettes and billboards. I'm sure Cruise and co will be all over late night this week as well.

GOTG also had one of the worst Augusts on record post TMNT, we went 5 weeks with a GOTG-TMNT top 2, that is how bad the new releases were that month. It gave TMNT a 3.2X as well.

GOTG also held on to IMAX for those 5 weeks, Ant-Man loses IMAX and a few PLF screens next week and the remaining PLF screens the week after.

There is definitely a box office vacuum which Rogue Nation can fill next week. Only 2 or 3 of the holdovers will likely be above 10M next week. That is a perfectly depressed box office ready for a breakout.

Vacation may do around 30-35M for the 5 day opening leaving the rest of the field wide open for Mission Impossible. If Paramount picks up the marketing in a big way, we might see a 75M+ bow

I read last week on variety that MI5 is tracking below 40M opening!!!!

Well if we're doing the best films of the summer...

Inside Out

Mad Max

Spy

Probably need to see more of the indie stuff.

That is one thing I've noticed the past two summers is there really hasn't been an indie breakout

I read last week on variety that MI5 is tracking below 40M opening!!!!

2 weeks ago actually. That forced Paramount to step up their marketing and bring the embargo forward as well. We will see what effect that had once final tracking is released on Tuesday. And then when Friday numbers come in.

Top five movies of the summer so far, go!

1. Inside Out
  2. Mad Max: Fury Road
  3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  4. Mr. Holmes
  5. Pixels

1. Mad Max: Fury Road
  2. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
  3. Inside Out
  4. Ant-Man
  5. Jurassic World 

We have seen WB do that earlier this year with Fury Road, they ran an awesome campaign the week leading up to release. Same as Rogue Nation actually, they brought forward the embargo and went full tilt with TV spots, featurettes and billboards. I'm sure Cruise and co will be all over late night this week as well.

Still, 45M is not the same as 90M.

Still, 45M is not the same as 90M.

And a R-rated pic without any premium format screens and big name stars isn't the same as a PG-13 movie the whole family can watch releasing on IMAX and large format screens with quite a few recognizable names.

At this point, I would rather see something bomb spectacularly rather than just "underperform."

How about we switch Pixels and Paper Towns numbers...? :ph34r: This isn't going to effect John Green's other work being adapted is it?

2 weeks ago actually. That forced Paramount to step up their marketing and bring the embargo forward as well. We will see what effect that had once final tracking is released on Tuesday. And then when Friday numbers come in.

Lol so marketing will equal $35m more in weekend gross? Uh no chance

At this point, I would rather see something bomb spectacularly rather than just "underperform."

How about we switch Pixels and Paper Towns numbers...? :ph34r: This isn't going to effect John Green's other work being adapted is it?

No it isn't. These movies are cheap as chips to make, given that they are dramas with actors who are just starting out and can't demand big salaries. They will be small but consistent, and maybe every now and then one will really break out like Fault.

Top five movies of the summer so far, go!

1. Inside Out
  3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  4. Mr. Holmes
  5. Pixels

I've seen about 10 different movies so far this summer, but if I had to pick my top 5 it would look something like this :D

1. Jurassic World (IMAX 3D)

2. Jurassic World (2D)

3. Jurassic World (RealD 3D)

4. Jurassic World (3D)

5. Jurassic World (4D)

• Like 1

Dont forget Tom Cruise Fatigue, it might play strong OS, but I dont think it will perform well in NA.

I've seen about 10 different movies so far this summer, but if I had to pick my top 5 it would look something like this :D

1. Jurassic World (IMAX 3D)

2. Jurassic World (2D)

3. Jurassic World (RealD 3D)

4. Jurassic World (3D)

5. Jurassic World (4D)

That's amazing, my list is similar.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. Mad Max: Fury Road

4. Mad Max: Fury Road

5. Mad Max: Fury Road

• Like 12