grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

I don't know what more people wanted from Ant-Man. It had consistent humor, two touching father-daughter stories, a great cast, and impressive special effects.

It has alot more heart and innovation than something like JW.

I don't know what more people wanted from Ant-Man. It had consistent humor, two touching father-daughter stories, a great cast, and impressive special effects.

It's a fun movie but innovative? It's kind of bland really.

Jurassic World is strange as shit.

At first it's awesome, you watch it again and you feel like you're watching nothing happening.

• Like 1

Last 30 mins saved Jurassic world for me. It's freaking awesome. I wanted something like that in Godzilla. JW isn't the greatest movie, but I enjoyed it much more then AM. I loved the homages to Jurassic park too.

It seems like there are two kinds of "phenomenon" movies. There are the ones that strike a chord, stick in the consciousness, and remain in the collective cultural memory for years to come. Then there are the ones that everyone sees when it comes out, everyone talks about when it comes out, but it does not last the same way because the movie was just a short-term high.

Jurassic Park is in the first group. It seems like Jurassic World may wind up in the second. (And I enjoyed it for what it was. Fun ride, didn't measure up to the original, wasn't EXPECTING it to match up to the original, but was glad to have been part of the shared experience when it exploded on opening night. I saw it three times in the theater, yet I probably will only ever see it again through catching bits of it on TV in a couple years.)

JW could end up remembered as a great fun time blockbuster even if not a cinematic triumph - sort of like Avengers; or it could end up the Shrek 2 or Dead Man's Chest of the 10s - made a shit-ton of money, broke a bunch of records, but a decade from now people will still think of the original more. (Though I think its records will certainly last longer.) Not sure.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2