Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

Ant man : OD + preview $22m, sat: 19.5m

San andreas: OD+ preview $18m, sat: $20m

I guess mi5 should increase on sat just like SA.

Amc movie talk, glad to see everyone r loving it. 4 guys givin it 9/10 and 1 giving a 10/10.

Edited by Andy001
  • Like 1

4 + 17 + 17 + 13 = 51

MI3 had a 16.6m Friday and a 18.4m Sat in May 2006. It's Fri to Sat increase is 10%. Schools are not out in May so I believe there's more room for a Sat increase.

Dawn was very backloaded and increased only 8% from non-preview Friday.

So staying flat is probably the most probable outcome for MI5.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

So in the end, MI5 won't “save the summer.” It will just be an ok opening, just like Ant-man, which so many people seemed to call a “flop.”

Yeah it's a good opening, and will have strong legs.

But why after Ghost Protocol's reception and bo, would this one not do better? Is it the gap of 4 years or smth. That's what gives it a disappointing vibe, looking at how F&F 5,6,7 grew in bo subsequently.

But this seems to be getting a great reception and will be big os.

Edited by a2k

So in the end, MI5 won't “save the summer.” It will just be an ok opening, just like Ant-man, which so many people seemed to call a “flop.”

It's the expectations game, Ant-Man tracked to 65M and opened to 57M after a pretty great 6.4M Previews. RN was tracking to 40s and will open to mid-50s after a decent but not great 4M previews. The numbers may be similar, the route to get there will be different. Also, 3D vs No 3D.

As a2k said though, after the great reception GP got, and an empty past couple of weeks in the summer, this should be breaking out bigger.

Edited by grim22

Minions could be #2. A good hold after all.

It will be very interesting if Minions holds that well..makes me think Antman and Pixels hurt it on weekends 2 and 3, and due to no competition this week, it rebounded a bit. 

But why after Ghost Protocol's reception and bo, would this one not do better? Is it the gap of 4 years or smth. That's what gives it a disappointing vibe, looking at how F&F 5,6,7 grew in bo subsequently.

The gap definitely hurt I think.

Ghost Protocol had Christmas for itself, people seems to ignore it. It was the number one movie of the holidays. And the Dubai scene sold LOT of tickets.

• Like 1

I don't think a lot of us appreciate gopher enough (and also Rth to an extent but at the same time he is a god). Honestly if I were them, I would totally team up and ditch us on some important weekend (ahem Dec 18) then they can laugh at the meltdowns because we can see that they are viewing the thread and just not posting.

I love both you guys but you have every right to pull that off :)

• Like 9