Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

I find tons of charm in all of M:I 2's badness

A lot of it is pretty silly, but at least it's consistently so and doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. And in the end ends up being more entertaining than the pretty morose M:I3. It's a film that nearly becomes purposefully torturous until that Hollywood ending. M:I films should be entertaining first, structurally sound second and emotionally heavy somewhere after that. I like all the M:I films, but 1 and 4(haven't seen 5 yet) are the only two that are true classics because they embrace the source material without attempting to make it any more than it should be(either way).

Edited by JurAssic Arachnid!™

Just got outta train wreck. Freaking good. Really impressed with Amy Schumer. She deserves a lot of credit. I know it's probably a long shot, but she deserves a golden globe nomination for her performance in the movie. She made me tear up in like two scenes. Movie was really predictable, but I still enjoyed the heck outta it!

A. Might be my favorite movie of the summer besides inside out.

• Like 2

Just got outta train wreck. Freaking good. Really impressed with Amy Schumer. She deserves a lot of credit. I know it's probably a long shot, but she deserves a golden globe nomination for her performance in the movie. She made me tear up in like two scenes. Movie was really predictable, but I still enjoyed the heck outta it!

A. Might be my favorite movie of the summer besides inside out.

I don't think it is too much of a long shot! Especially if the DOR is considered a drama and Lawrence get pushed their. :)

She really deserves any nomination coming her way!

Edited by TStechnij

I don't think it is too much of a long shot! Especially if the DOR is considered a drama and Lawrence get pushed their. :)

She really deserves any nomination coming her way!

An Amy Schumer/Jlaw table at the globe ?

This won't end well ...

• Like 1

No, we wipe our butts with Tom Cruise being unable to fight the villain who is about as physically imposing as an eclair

Always reminds me of James Caan beating up Arnold at the end of Eraser. I think Caan is a real-life karate black belt but in the context of the film, it made me laugh.

Edit: Writing on my old ass iPad remains balls.

Edited by RichWS

Always reminds me of James Caan beating up Arnold at the end of Eraser. I think Caan is a real-karate black belt but in the context of the film, it me laugh.

I think I found the end of Eraser more believable than MI4 in that context.

I think I found the end of Eraser more believable than MI4 in that context.

True. Count me as another one who thought the garage climax was somewhat unfulfilling. These flicks are all about suspending disbelief and that's perfect, but Cruise driving that car into the ground was duuumb.

• Like 1

There is nothing hard to believe about the ending of Ghost Protocol. Its not like the two for them have a lengthy hand into hand combat fight they're both chasing the case after Hendrickson drops it.

Yeah he really only gets one good kick in on Tom. The rest is all situational. its more he knocks the case which makes Tom jump 15 feet to a car hurt himself and so on.  Plus you have to remember this villain is fighting for his life, he is willing to die for that nuke. 

The ending of MI4 wasn't anymore unbelievable than his fight with the way out of his weight class villain at the end of MI3, but it was a far better set piece.

Again, remember during that fight the Charge was activated in Hunt's head so he was at 50% or less/ 

• Like 1

The ending of MI4 wasn't anymore unbelievable than his fight with the way out of his weight class villain at the end of MI3, but it was a far better set piece.

The end fight scene of MI4 wins over MI3 simply because I can remember it.

MI3 forgettable.

• Like 1

Are y'all talking about the believability of a Tom Cruise action movie?

I do find Paula Patton in that green dress a little hard to believe

I do find that she said yes to Robin Thicke hard to believe