Total Recall (1990)

36 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Total Recall (1990)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

can't have been too violent, because my mum, who doesn't like violent movies, enjoyed this. so did i. nothing really that great, but enjoyable. to criticise this as stupid seems somewhat off the mark - paul verhoeven's technique appears to be indulgence as a means of criticism - the militarist fascism of [starship troopers] and the schizoid conspiracy paranoia of this. loved the inversion of its references, eg the mutant pub from [star wars] or the red pill from [the matrix], etc.

5.8/10

• Like 1

can't have been too violent, because my mum, who doesn't like violent movies, enjoyed this. so did i. nothing really that great, but enjoyable. to criticise this as stupid seems somewhat off the mark - paul verhoeven's technique appears to be indulgence as a means of criticism - the militarist fascism of [starship troopers] and the schizoid conspiracy paranoia of this. loved the inversion of its references, eg the mutant pub from [star wars] or the red pill from [the matrix], etc.

5.8/10

Yes! The bolded text within your review's exactly why I love it. Glad you at least found it passable fun.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

What about Michael Champion? His filmography stops in 1996. I looked him up and supposedly he became a born again Christian, moved back to his home town in Indiana, worked as car salesman at the Toyota dealership and is now living in Wyoming. Who knows what is true as that all came from IMDB.

Edited by DeeCee

I felt pretty burnt out by the excessive amount of not good, pretty drab action. Everything else was fabulous, though.

I loved the weirdness of it, loved how unpredictable it was, loved Sharon Stone, loved how it wasn't dumbed down like most sci-fi/dethrone the dictator film nowadays, loved the special effects (which hasn't aged at all). There are so many great scenes to choose from, SO MUCH STYLE, it's almost overwhelming.

I still don't like Schwarzenegger, but he was half decent in this one.

Too bad that the action was boring as fuck, if more than half of the movie wasn't just action, it surely felt like it. That's the only thing the remake was better at, that and production design, which was very impressive in this one too.

+75/100

the remake is a 40/100

Edited by Goffe

I felt pretty burnt out by the excessive amount of not good, pretty drab action. Everything else was fabulous, though.

I loved the weirdness of it, loved how unpredictable it was, loved Sharon Stone, loved how it wasn't dumbed down like most sci-fi/dethrone the dictator nowadays, loved the special effects (which hasn't aged at all). There are so many great scenes to choose from, SO MUCH STYLE, it's almost overwhelming.

I still don't like Schwarzenegger, but he was half decent in this one.

Too bad that the action was boring as fuck, if more than half of the movie wasn't just action, it surely felt like it. That's the only thing the remake was better at, that and production design, which was very impressive in this one too.

+75/100

the remake is a 40/100

Arnold.wrong.gif