kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of which: remember that Independence Day 2 $500M+ club you created?

Xgr4x_f-maxage-0.gif

Sorry man. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

No, I didn't.  It was ID4 part two to win the summer.

Regardless, yep, it's going down in flames.

54 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I heard this is a spin off of Jaws. Blake Lively is released to the Brody family and the sharks are out for revenge.

This has absolutely zero to do with Jaws. The only similarities is that both of them have sharks in them. 

Just a warning, this video has some spoilers in it, or at least gives you more of the story which is pretty much spoiling the film but if you want to see how the shark looks in action and swimming then watch towards the end of it. 

Edit: video turned out to be private. Posted on page 13 instead. 

Edited by Nova

I don't like the release date change.  There hasn't been nearly enough marketing for this to come out on a crowded weekend.  ID4 might not do well, but having the Wednesday all to itself was better imo.  Now it has three other films to compete against.  Not good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

I don't like the release date change.  There hasn't been nearly enough marketing for this to come out on a crowded weekend.  ID4 might not do well, but having the Wednesday all to itself was better imo.  Now it has three other films to compete against.  Not good.

But do you think it would have been able to compete against the Purge and Tarzan the weekend it was set to release. A guy at Forbes said one of the reasons they may have changed it is to take advantage of a second weekend that would be a holiday one instead of having it be its first weekend. I don't know. I'm not a fan either. They should have either left it at June 24th to begin with or just stuck to the June 29th release date because now it leaves people confused unless they plan to have a really good marketing push this week. I mean I guess at least Blake Lively is gonna make it onto the Tonight Show ;)

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Baumer said:

It would've still had to compete with three openers had it opened next weekend regardless.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It would've still had to compete with three openers had it opened next weekend regardless.

With the Purge being its target audience. Honestly I have no idea what to expect in terms of its box office run. It could be a sleeper hit or it could get loss in the shuffle. It's OW I don't think will go above $20M regardless of anything. I think if it's a good film though, good WOM will propel it to have really good legs. The last time Blake Lively was the main star of a film it opened at $13.5M and went onto gross $42.5M or something like that with mediocre reviews. At the end of the day though, I just hope this film is a good one.