Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

What?

You guys can enjoy the camp in SM3 and B&R but not Rourke hamming it up?

Those guys knew what movie they were doing. Rourke went off and did his own thing that's really disconnected from everything else in the movie.

Right now Marvel could only use the ancillary characters.  They'd have to shelve the rest for years to get the stink off of them and then would do best introducing them as supporting characters in other movies.  They might be able to use Dr Doom (Marvel's best villain) if only because none of the Fox movies have actually used him as his actual character yet.

Marvel will take it back just for the villains. Or just to say "suck it". 

:lol: I don't hate it. I actually really like the Toby Jones reveal. But I don't think it's directed that well and overall it's over-rated. Most scenes don't have much snap or energy, they just kinda sit there.

Can't wait to see how they are gonna handle back to back massive Marvel sequels. I have a feeling they will sink.

Seems like Winter Soldier is the only Marvel sequel that doesn't get hate.

It takes itself just as seriously as something like TDK, yet lacks the narrative heft and memorable characters and moments of a film like that. As such it is hard to watch more than once.

There ya go.

• Like 2

Marvel will take it back just for the villains. Or just to say "suck it". 

Agreed. The Silver Surfer is still a massive superhero on his own and he is not tarnished. Also, Galactus is not tarnished either. There are a lot of villains and 1 massive superhero that can be very useful to Marvel.

MARVELING at the true bombage before us. Perfect storm of terrible reviews, awful word-of-mouth and bad publicity. Oddly enough, it brings me back to the August of my youth. An August that brought us such classics as House Arrest, Carpool and The Avengers.

:lol: I don't hate it. I actually really like the Toby Jones reveal. But I don't think it's directed that well and overall it's over-rated. Most scenes don't have much snap or energy, they just kinda sit there.

The Winter Soldier made me cry like a baby.