Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I wonder if any wide release this August will hit 75m now? I think UNCLE would need great WOM to have a chance, and I'm not sold on Compton being the breakout some think. Though it's probably the only real shot for one in August.

I actually think The Man From U.N.C.L.E. stands a great chance at making more than Fantastic Four if it gets good reviews. It won't be a huge grosser or anything, but if reviews/word-of-mouth are positive I think it could open to around $20M or so next weekend followed by word-of-mouth propelling it to a $70-80M total, especially given that there won't be competition of any kind for the next month (the busy September 18 weekend).

Edited by filmlover

I actually think The Man From U.N.C.L.E. stands a great chance at making more than Fantastic Four if it gets good reviews. It won't be a huge grosser or anything, but if reviews/word-of-mouth are positive I think it could open to around $20M or so next weekend followed by word-of-mouth propelling it to a $70-80M total, especially given that there won't be competition of any kind for the next month (the busy September 18 weekend).

One of them will move between Everest and Black Mass. 

the first act takes up 80% of the movie. it's crazy.

How can the first act take up 80% of the movie if none of the characters develop any sort of relationship with the others?  :lol:

This thing is mystifying

• Like 2

How can the first act take up 80% of the movie if none of the characters develop any sort of relationship with the others?  :lol:

This thing is mystifying

Kinberg. His power. 

• Like 1

It will need MI5 reviews at the very least for a shot at a 4x multi. Even with good WOM I don't think it goes above 70 unless it surprises and opens mid 20s or higher. Not to mention the marketing still makes it look like a stinker to me, but could just be a case of bad marketing.

This thing is mystifying

even I can't really explain this. lots of reg e cathey speechifying about... stuff?

He probably goes to the kevin costner school of confusing parental advice btw.

• Like 4

F4 Taking very quick look same gopher atm around 9.5-11

So sub 30 for sure. Even with 11m,

2.7 + 8.3 + 8.5 + 6.25 = 25.75m

2.7 + 8.3 + 9.5 + 7 = 27.5m

Edited by a2k

It will need MI5 reviews at the very least for a shot at a 4x multi. Even with good WOM I don't think it goes above 70 unless it surprises and opens mid 20s or higher. Not to mention the marketing still makes it look like a stinker to me, but could just be a case of bad marketing.

When the marketplace is as comatose as the August 21-September 11 stretch looks to be, that allows for early-mid August holdovers to have good legs as we have seen year after year during this stretch.

I really hope The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is good. Kind of jonesing for a lighthearted old-fashioned caper romp right now.

I actually think The Man From U.N.C.L.E. stands a great chance at making more than Fantastic Four if it gets good reviews. It won't be a huge grosser or anything, but if reviews/word-of-mouth are positive I think it could open to around $20M or so next weekend followed by word-of-mouth propelling it to a $70-80M total, especially given that there won't be competition of any kind for the next month (the busy September 18 weekend).

I think Man from Uncle trailers have not been pleasing. I'm think under 15m.