Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Like, maybe Paramount is looking at these numbers and rethinking the Bumblebee movie

I will be really surprised if we ever see a single movie from the Transformers Cinematic Universe. It will go the way of the Monsters Universe at Universal. The best thing that can actually come out of the Transformers Writers Room is one unifying storyline for the next 3 installments of the franchise. Some major threat which builds over the next 2 movies and comes to a head in the 3rd one, kill a few characters off and resurrect them for the 3rd one and so on. Making spin-off movies for a brand in decline is a stupid idea, the only logical cinematic universe is to retcon GI Joe and make it such that the Transformers already exist in that universe, you also get The Rock in the crossover movie as an added bonus.

• Like 2

After this he'll be working at Wendy's.

A year back I had a vision to make a fantastic burger that would have received delicious reviews. Unfortunately you won't get to taste it.

• Like 5

You guys act like this never happens on any other project. Just ask any feature screenwriter in town.

After this and the Island of Dr Moreau doc I watched it's amazing that movies get made. And it's even more amazing some turn out really well

• Like 1

I'm back from work and wtf is with fantastic four. I checked a showing 15 mins before it finished and they were just meeting the villain. 25 mins before end they were discovering their powers...

• Like 1

I wonder if Batman VS Superman was on a bad path before they delayed it until next March.

It's Snyder. A bad path is inevitable. At least we know we'll get flashy production values with that one though. Seems to be a lot more than people are saying about Fant4stic.

I'm back from work and wtf is with fantastic four. I checked a showing 15 mins before it finished and they were just meeting the villain. 25 mins before end they were discovering their powers...

Everything is wtf in that movie. Except maybe two or three scenes I really liked.

There is no relationship between the difficulty of a shoot and the quality of the final movie.

None whatsoever.

Fant4stic is an exception, not the norm.

Plenty of nightmarish shoots gave us masterpieces, good films, decent films,entertaining films, boring films, mediocre films.

Plenty of smooth sailing shoots gave us masterpieces, good films, decent films, entertaining films, boring films, mediocre films.

Making a movie is always difficult, from Chimpmunks 4 to Avengers 2 to Birdman to Short Term 12 to Spy & everything in between.

Filmmaking is war. 

Everybody wants to make a great movie, everybody, even evil suits that supposedly want to ruin every filmmaker s "Vision".

Nobody wakes up in the morning on a set thinking in their heads : " let s finish this piece of shit movie and be done with it", nobody, even on the Sharknadoo sets.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 10

Netflix gave the Wachowski's 2 seasons...

Netflix needs to give Trank a chance to do Chronicle 2. I am absolute sure he would use most of the ideas he had for F4 there.

Trank's team needs to do serious damage control to get him any sort of job.

He'd probably be fine if he hadn't started acting so unprofessional about the whole thing. Directors have bombs all the time, not the end of their career. His mouth could be though.

• Like 1