CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Can someone explain why MM furyroad was good. It's the only movie ever i ran out on in the cinema (with a friend of me) even before the 3/5 pause we have, we left the screening cause we found it so lame. So i genuanly ask what is it that makes u guys love this movie?

The stunts, the visuals, the action was all astounding to me. The intensity was unlike anything I've ever seen before on big screen. if you found it lame I'd like to genuinely question what action movies you find less lamer. 

• Like 1

Baumer, I have always wondered what your thoughts were of the F13 movies. Which of the Friday the 13th movies do you like, dislike, or loathe?

1st-Scary as fuck, gave me nightmares as a kid.

2nd-Decent

3rd-Ok

4th-Horrible

5th-Horrible

6th-Funny and probably my favorite of the series

7th-Horrible

8th-An Abomination

9th-Meh, it was okay

10th-A complete piece of shit

Freddy vs. Jason- Pretty entertaining

Reboot-Hated they killed the lead girl. Ruined the entire movie for me.

• Like 1

I think I'm retiring from defending JW.

It rocks

It rules.

Seen it 6 times

Will buy it on BR.

It pleased most who saw it.

You don't like it, your loss.

What more is there to say?

You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Toy Story 3 is a vicious life sucking bitch from which there is no escape.

GET BACK THEE TO HELL SPAWN OF SATAN!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Expected a strong Friday from SOC, but couldn't imagine such an impressive Saturday, really happy for the film. AM had an amazing hold, CA is going down. Sub 40 drop against Uncle is mighty good for MI5. Sub 30 drops the next two weeks would put 200m on the horizon.

• Like 3

Jurassic World was a fun movie, and I'm sick of this "it won't be remembered" bullshit. It resonated with the public, people loved it and it's a new iteration of the franchise. Period. It's not "just a fad".

This. Plus I've seen no evidences of it's so called mediocre reception from GA... The movie seems to have good to great legs everywhere. All of my friends who have seen it loved it. It even broke out in Japan, a WOM-driven market. I guess it might take a few months for the bad wom to spread...... Maybe it might effect the home video sales, who knows...?
  • Like 2

The stunts, the visuals, the action was all astounding to me. The intensity was unlike anything I've ever seen before on big screen. if you found it lame I'd like to genuinely question what action movies you find less lamer. 

I tought the first 10 min looked promesing, hten the ride began, and first it was ok. Wasn't impressed by the visuals at all, but they were good. But afther 20 min of just driving and action me and my friend were looking at each other like, is this the hole movie. I mean i like movies with a storie that evolves, that shows you an amazing world (not a desert and just cars racing wille shooting at each other). I just felt like the hole movie was pointless.

Expected a strong Friday from SOC, but couldn't imagine such an impressive Saturday, really happy for the film. AM had an amazing hold, CA is going down. Sub 40 drop against Uncle is mighty good for MI5. Sub 30 drops the next two weeks would put 200m on the horizon.

19.6 (43.8) 

15.2 (59)

a $58-59 million OW with a 95% audience RT rating, could mean a potential 3x with how barren the rest of August and early September is. $125 million+ DOM seems certain. 

MI5 should get $190-210 million as long as it holds decently the next three weeks. I see no reason why it wouldn't drop 25-30% the next two weeks when UNCLE/Compton was the biggest competition combo. And then it'll get a sub-25% drop over Labor Day, so its chance at $200 million are pretty likely if it continues to hold well. 

Ant-Man should continue to hold well, also. Might end up in the $175-180 million range, which would show audiences enjoyed it quite a bit, since that'd be more than a 3x 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

19.6 (43.8) 

15.2 (59)

a $58-59 million OW with a 95% audience RT rating, could mean a potential 3x with how barren the rest of August and early September is. $125 million+ DOM seems certain. 

MI5 should get $190-210 million as long as it holds decently the next three weeks. I see no reason why it wouldn't drop 25-30% the next two weeks when UNCLE/Compton was the biggest competition combo. And then it'll get a sub-25% drop over Labor Day, so its chance at $200 million are pretty likely if it continues to hold well. 

Ant-Man should continue to hold well, also. Might end up in the $175-180 million range, which would show audiences enjoyed it quite a bit, since that'd be more than a 3x 

I really thought Ant-Man would gross $175M domestic before it was released. If it gets that, I will be very happy.

• Like 1

19.6 (43.8) 

15.2 (59)

Mahnamahna, for Minions and TW, what's your final guess?

• Like 1

What helps MI5's case for 200m that FF and Uncle tanked, so it will be playing in more theaters in September than it would have otherwise and might get IMAX back as well.

Exactly.

Hitman and American Ultra should do less than $50 million DOM total.

We Are Your Friends, Sinister 2 and War Room aren't even its demo.

F4 and UNCLE will lose their theaters before MI5 does, since MI5 will be ahead of both of them next weekend. 

With a $17 million 3rd weekend, a 4x would be $68 million. $207 million DOM.

$13 million ($158 mlilion) 

$10 million ($173 million) 

$8 million/$9.5 million ($187 million)

$4.5 million ($193 million)

$2 million ($196 million)

$1 million ($197 million)

$200-202 million DOM 

It'll require solid holds, but I think it can just get across $200 million DOM. Especially if it holds even better than I'm thinking. 

I'm totally looking forward to Marvel's finest learning the importance of teamwork and hard work in order to defeat another uninteresting stock villain in their next 5 movies.

Would you really say Ant-Man, AOU, GotG and Winter Soldier were identical if they weren't all MCU?

JW is a carbon copy of Jurassic Park.

A weaker copy at that.

Baumer, I have always wondered what your thoughts were of the F13 movies. Which of the Friday the 13th movies do you like, dislike, or loathe?

1st-Scary as fuck, gave me nightmares as a kid.

2nd-Decent

3rd-Ok

4th-Horrible

5th-Horrible

6th-Funny and probably my favorite of the series

7th-Horrible

8th-An Abomination

9th-Meh, it was okay

10th-A complete piece of shit

Freddy vs. Jason- Pretty entertaining

Reboot-Hated they killed the lead girl. Ruined the entire movie for me.

I will have to answer this tonight as I am working right now. But I am a Friday the 13th purest. I love the first fourand I will get into it more later. Edited by baumer
  • Like 1