CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Can Jurassic World make to 650 million?

Probably not? Maybe if it had an IMAX expansion on Labor Day instead of the week before.

But since it's not beating Titanic anyway, I don't see 650m as such a major milestone. 1B OS is happening, and that looked like a long shot until Japan broke out.

Edited by JennaJ

I also think alot of it has to do with the music and it's era too. Really, do you think Guardians of the Galaxy would have been the hit it was if the trailer was just playing the same ol orchestra type music? People who grew up in the 70's, 80's and 90's have been wanting to see more movies that reflect those eras one way or another, and no better way than to do that than through music from those eras.

And If Lucas used what was popular at the time music while making Star Wars, the SW movies would have had disco soundtracks.

John Williams brought back a more fitting and timeless orchestra type music soundtracks for SW, reviving the symphonic scores in the late 70s Hollywood films. Everyone was trying to copy SW after it was released. It just comes down to what works best for a movie.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

It's weird.

It's like the global total isn't moving.

I could've sworn Ant-Man was at 347 m WW last weekend.

Global was $326m last week.  It hasn''t opened in any major new territories and is winding down in the ones it's already in.  SK, China and Japan are up though.

• Like 1

It's weird.

It's like the global total isn't moving.

I could've sworn Ant-Man was at 347 m WW last weekend.

wrong, it was weekend 32 = $325.9m

It had no new major release in ?? weeks, but will get in Sepember... new countries. This week only Italy released and Italy is IMHO not a 'MCU' country

around 6 August or so it hit $300m ww

screend.=$183.4m a few days back, now $189.5M = Italy and a little bit the other countries?

South Korea 3 September

Greece 17 September

China 18 September

Japan 19 September

China is - as far as I know - not confirmed. If it gets that date it will have a lot of competition (if nothing changed sicnce the last time I checked)

Fantastic Four (2015)    $8,000,000    -69%    4,004    9    $1,998    $41,961,218    2

Mistress America    $94,000    --    4    --    $23,500    $94,000    1

Samba    $9,822    -62%    12    -15    $819    $140,760    4

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

You're not retiring from defending this and I'm sure by the time the sun goes down, you will have defended this again 10X over and this thread another 20 pages..

No, he won't, because he is a mod and he knows that this discussion needs to disappear from this thread. It already went on for way too many pages, and I am partly to blame as well. The power of Trevorrow. It made two threads die at the same time for like 12 hours. 

• Like 1

Is this the same MOD who created an account at SHH just to troll the shit out of it, then leave??? Trust me, this subject will be defended again before the day ends..

That was a low blow :lol: He didn't leave, he was banned 20 minutes after he created the account  :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 2m2 minutes ago

MINIONS: $644.5M Overseas Total / $957.4M Global Total #Minions

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 5m5 minutes ago

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON: $0.015M Overseas Total / $56.105M Global Total #StraightOuttaCompton

Fox lagging again on giving us F4's O/S numbers. :P

What's up with SOC's tiny OS numbers?

Still not too bad for Compton should hold up well on the dailies while it might take a larger drop next weekend it should still be the number one movie next weekend. It should end it's run with at least 130 million domestic.