CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

Oh, I just saw an email exchange from the Sony leak about this one, between Chris Pratt and Amy Pascal.

It reads like the script is probably pretty bad.

ETA: Found it.

If it was the script he could have worked with them to make it go in the direction he wanted or suit his style/strengths more. Maybe he just wasn't interested in the premise in general or is holding out for the indiana reboot which would probably be pretty similar.

If it was the script he could have worked with them to make it go in the direction he wanted or suit his style/strengths more. Maybe he just wasn't interested in the premise in general or is holding out for the indiana reboot which would probably be pretty similar.

Do actors usually take on roles where they dislike the script on the assumption that it will be reworked to their satisfaction?

I think the basic starting point is an actor has to be on board with the script. Seems like he didn't like it enough to even consider it worth further discussions.

So my basic take is that the script is bad and without someone big to take on the lead role, this will languish in development hell for a long time.

Do actors usually take on roles where they dislike the script on the assumption that it will be reworked to their satisfaction?

I think the basic starting point is an actor has to be on board with the script. Seems like he didn't like it enough to even consider it worth further discussions.

So my basic take is that the script is bad and without someone big to take on the lead role, this will languish in development hell for a long time.

That's a fine view, I was just offering my take on it.

I dont expect Pratt to take on the role and then try to re work the script, more like work together with the producers to see if they can come to a mutually acceptable point where they are both happy with the direction the movie is headed and then put it into high gear. Pre megastar Tom Cruise wasn't happy with the Top Gun script but liked the overall premise and spent a long time working with the team behind it to improve it to his satisfaction, so I'd expect Pratt could have done the same if he really wanted to get behind the project.

Edited by RaidensSword

Sony's summer next year looks weak.

Angry Birds Sony / Columbia 5/20/16 Uncharted Sony / Columbia 6/10/16 Ghostbusters (2016) Sony / Columbia 7/22/16 Sausage Party Sony / Columbia 8/12/16 Fede Alvarez/Sam Raimi Horror Picture TriStar 8/26/16

Really? Their summer is way stronger next year. 

Angry BIrds could do 130M+

Ghostbusters could do 150m+

Sausage Party could do 130m+

Horror films are wild cards. 

If they move Magnificent  7 to June, replacing Uncharted that could be another 150m+  especially with the 'king of summer' As he's been dubbed, Chris Pratt. 

• Like 1

Really? Their summer is way stronger next year. 

Angry BIrds could do 130M+

Ghostbusters could do 150m+

Sausage Party could do 130m+

Horror films are wild cards. 

If they move Magnificent  7 to June, replacing Uncharted that could be another 150m+  especially with the 'king of summer' As he's been dubbed, Chris Pratt. 

What I wanted to say is, it's so way behind other studios. Sony doesn't have these reliable summer tentpoles.

• Like 1

This is opening on the same weekend as The Conjuring 2, Now You See Me 2 and Warcraft.

I don't see that happening. I see one of the other films moving, too. Probably NYSM2.

2016 is really jam-packed. 

Easy to fix, though.

NYSM2 to May 20th

Cancel Uncharted

Me Before You to June 24th

Ice Age 5 to July 29th 

King Arthur/Kubo to August 26th 

• Like 1

I think this film could do well because it can easily reach a larger audience with its adventure plot more than other video game movies.

That... Makes sense. Of course it'll need a good marketing campaign and star power couldn't hurt

• Like 2