CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

It was an OK to decent movie for me, kept me entertained for 2 hours or so but didn’t really do much for me beyond that. The RT score is definitely too low though, it’s a good time pass adventure movie. 

Didn’t really feel like I was watching an Uncharted movie except for when things and set pieces directly lifted from the games were on screen. Tom and Mark do a good enough job but they never felt anywhere close to the game version of Drake and Sully (especially Wahlberg). 
Another big piece missing for me was the incredible score from the game. The main Drake’s theme is criminally underused.  

Still it was fun seeing some of the things from the game on screen such as 

- SAM!!!! Probably the closest character to the in game character in terms of look and feel (young Sam that is). 

- NOLAN NORTH!!! The real drake himself.

- Set pieces like the plane scene from the 3 one and the ship in the cave scene from the 4th

- The crucifix key which looks like the St.Dismas idol from the 4th game

- Young sam and drake poking around in the museum is also lifted from the 4th game and so is the prison setting where Sam is.

• Like 1

Uncharted might be the last Western film to open in Russia for a while with Disney cancelling all it's releases, and Warners just pulling "The Batman" form Russian release. Pretty clear all studios will follow Disney's lead.

On 7/28/2014 at 10:28 PM, DAJK said:

Never played the game but still pretty excited for the movie. The premise seems really cool, and it'd be great to see video game adaptations perform well at the B.O (with this and hopefully Warcraft doing well) Seth Gordon is a fine director and it'll be interesting to see his take on this story. I can see this doing Prometheus #s... Maybe a slightly smaller OW

LOL I'm going through 15-year-old me's old posts from nearly a decade ago and... why was I so much better at predicting box office back then than I am now :lol: I basically predicted this movie's gross 8 FREAKING YEARS BEFORE IT CAME OUT

On 4/28/2022 at 8:04 AM, AJG said:

I see how this was successful but made absolutely no noise. It's a Netflix movie that ended up in cinemas due to branding.

it topped the charts on Netflix for a while in addition to its box office run. Surprised  the sequel hasn’t been announced 

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

it topped the charts on Netflix for a while in addition to its box office run. Surprised  the sequel hasn’t been announced 

IMO they are at the same spot Tomb Raider was in 2001. The movie was a big financial success but doesn't seem to be really liked that much by anyone. If the second one is just as generic it could drop heavily into bomb territory like Tomb Raider 2 did.

or they should just fire Fleischer, which I doubt they will.