terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

Who edited the title? Usually I can see the name of the changer, this time not????

Not happy about that style at all.

I didn't update Deadline's input as it didn't differ from BOM's numbers! Now all other movie's details are away. Why not add only e.g.

w/e est p15

I updated it, and sorry you are not happy about the title.  The title says what it's supposed to say.  Go to page 15 to see the rest of the numbers.

see my suggestion

w/e est p15

Or add all the other w/e or Sat or whatever = this is not what I think it should tell, this is too limited IMHO

Why does the title matter?  This thread is where you find the numbers.  The title is is that, a title.  If you want to change it go ahead.  No one is stopping you. :)

The title is fine guys. No need to put every movie there, just the big openers and the interesting holdhovers (which in this weekend there is a grand total of 0). 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 54 secs54 seconds ago

A WALK IN THE WOODS took in an estimated $4.62M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $19.88M. #AWalkInTheWoods

Studio Weekend Estimates (Domestic) Fri, Sep. 11 - Sun, Sep. 13 according to BO.com

A Walk in the Woods    $4,620,099    -44%    2,139    179   Ø $2,160    $19,877,024

Learning to Drive    $758,153    +111%    277    207  Ø  $2,737    $1,599,263

A Brilliant Young Mind     $36,000     --    3    --   Ø  $12,000    $36,000 

Edited by terrestrial

The title is fine guys. No need to put every movie there, just the big openers and the interesting holdhovers (which in this weekend there is a grand total of 0).

The Visit, Perfect Guy, War Room, and MI5 make it 4. The first two will have $25m+ OW when most expected $12-15m. The other two will have sub-40% drops on the post-Labor Day frame.

For Fall, anything over $25 million is a big OW tbh

• Like 1

So the question is why did the visit have so much interest? I don't recall hearing much from many when it came to the trailer. I'm talking about in real life not just on our site. I $25,000,000 opening from a guy who is basically the laughing stock of Hollywood, that also had his name prominently mentioned in the trailers, is really quite astounding. And this is going to get good word of mouth. I wouldn't be surprised to see this have 75 - 80 million finish.

• Like 2

No Escape (2015)       $2,879,000    -47%       3,022    -393    $953      $24,155,935   

Southpaw      $310,000    -69%      503    -941    $616     $51,857,111      

Rosenwald     $48,150     --     17    --    $2,832    $239,734     
The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution     $39,865     --    3    --    $13,288    $86,167 

The Visit, Perfect Guy, War Room, and MI5 make it 4. The first two will have $25m+ OW when most expected $12-15m. The other two will have sub-40% drops on the post-Labor Day frame.

For Fall, anything over $25 million is a big OW tbh

MI5 is gonna do 4.5M this weekend, there is no point in putting it in the title.

So the question is why did the visit have so much interest? I don't recall hearing much from many when it came to the trailer. I'm talking about in real life not just on our site. I $25,000,000 opening from a guy who is basically the laughing stock of Hollywood, that also had his name prominently mentioned in the trailers, is really quite astounding. And this is going to get good word of mouth. I wouldn't be surprised to see this have 75 - 80 million finish.

That's exactly what I've been wondering too, the only reason that I can think is because it is from Universal, lol

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

Forgot what it's like to see a horror film increase on a Saturday!

Happened to be back in my hometown for the next few weeks so I think my mom are going to do a double feature today, The Perfect Guy (her choice, lol, we saw No Good Deed last year and it was terrible) and The Visit (my choice).

I never saw The Lady in the Water or After Earth (it looked truly atrocious) but I have said this and always will say that I didn't mind the The Happening.  It wasn't a great film by any means but I can appreciate his angle as a storyteller and trying something new.  I think it seemed like such a laughable concept that people ran with the 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME' angle, but I thought he committed and it was effective.  Whatever, I'll probably get dragged here for that and that's fine.

On a different note, I've always been curious about the rights to The Last Airbender.  I saw that film and it was really, really terrible but obviously Paramount saw that there was a MASSIVE amount of interest.  I mean even with a SIX percent on RT it still reached a 40 OW AND somehow reached over a 3 multiplier.  The fanbase was there and was ready to support it.  I wonder why they haven't tried a reboot?