chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

8th Place: chasmmi (Down 1 place from the last table)

1,858,000 points

The result everyone was waiting for. The greatest hero in the winter game has fallen short in a true crime against predictioning. Unlike the three previous players, chas' position in the top 8 is pretty much down to his SOTM performance. Despite the odd misstep, chas possibly even top scored in more separate SOTM questions than any other player (I think that may even be true!!!), however average weeklies mixed with a comparatively weak set of preseasons meant that the SOTM flourish could not make the miracle happen. :(

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I will say that I can understand wanting a break after the Tele-DamienRoc one. That was epic.

I think there will be a few more dramas to play out yet. It's very tight at the top. 

:popcorn:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

And with that, I conclude the Winter game. Thanks for playing everyone, see you in the summer. :) 

And next drama arrives. Chas didn't win !

:stirthepot:

let te the tantrums begin ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

11th Place: Kayumanggi (Up 5 places from the last table)

1,739,000 points

A big climber comes in next as Kayu rises 5 places up the table. Anybody with their finger on the pulse will know that kayu's challenge came apart in the SOTMs. A big red number is not the stuff victories are made of and in fact 6 of the top 10 have SOTM scores that would have propelled kayu towards the top 5 or even higher. In spite of this, a weekly total in excess of 500k is nothing to sneer at and only 2 players got more of their top 15 correct. Kayu will be back in the summer...

Wow! Again, another surprise lol.

I went all out with most of my SOTMs and you know what happened there ha ha.

During the summer game I was fourth and failed to enter the top 3. Now I'm 11th and failed to enter the top 10. lolololol

Well, at least I won the derby ha ha.

Thanks to everyone who made this game possible. I really enjoy these games. See you next summer!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

I think there will be a few more dramas to play out yet. It's very tight at the top. 

:popcorn:

Yeah, I did some envelope math, and I suspect there are three players all relatively close to the top and within my likely margin of error. I'm somewhat curious to see how the ordering sorted out.

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Oh, that's what I meant to say. 7-way tie for 1st place, right?

Nah he's just decided to announce the winner in June (see my summary for reference )

:ohmyzod:

Edit -

With the mindf$ck that last SOTM was, anything is possible when it comes to chas...

:ph34r:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Nah he's just decided to announce the winner in June (see my summary for reference )

:ohmyzod:

Edit -

With the mindf$ck that last SOTM was, anything is possible when it comes to chas...

:ph34r:

Seriously. I saw those SotM's. I wouldn't put it past him.

Edit - I will say that after an initial moment of aggravation, that last SotM didn't actually bother me much. It might have been the fastest I've ever come to a decision on abstaining and the most comfortable I've been with that abstain.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

7th Place: Dajk (Up 3 places from the last table)

1,870,000 points

The first of 7 players who will find themselves randomly banned from the forum during the month of April ( ;) ), Dajk is another player to scream average in every department. The only weakness in Dajk's game was the lack of a particular massive strength and at this stage of the table, that is the difference between 7th place and ummm higher than 7th. I will give him a shout out for the total grosses preseason, his score of 150,000 was 85k above any other predictor and thus makes a mockery of my above comment that he had no overtly strong areas. Regardless of my blabbering 7th is a great finish and his hat in the summer ring will worry many a player.  

• Like 3

Standings so far:

27. Baumer

26. MikeKaye

25. Bcf

24. Panda

23. Laguy

22. Kalo

21. Blankments

20. Avi

19. Filmovie

18. Alfred

17. Glassfairy

16. Tree

15. Tele

14. Damien

13. Misafeco

12. ThatOneGuy

11. Kayu

10. Jajang

9. Movieman

8. Chasmmi

The remaining users are DAJK, darkelf, Exxdee, Grey ghost, Infernus, Wrath, and myself.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Seriously. I saw those SotM's. I wouldn't put it past him.

Edit - I will say that after an initial moment of aggravation, that last SotM didn't actually bother me much. It might have been the fastest I've ever come to a decision on abstaining and the most comfortable I've been with that abstain.

Can I just say that I was the second or third best scorer in that SOTM so not only to I create the mindfuckery, I master it too. :D

• Like 1

6th Place: Infernus (Up 2 places from the last table)

1,912,000 points

For a large part of this game Infernus mastered the art of being second best in every section of this game. :P In the end, Infernus was burned badly by SOTMs (I feel like that is a broken record now), but if you are screwing something up badly and still coming 6th, it means you are doing other things very very well. Infernus showed a lot of strength preseason too, top 5 for OW predictions, top 8 for WW predictions, there were a lot of big high points in this campaign. The top 15 maybe could have been stronger, but overall there is plenty of scope here for a formidable force to come this summer time.

• Like 5

So close and yet so far....

But seriously speaking, I totally wasn't expecting a 6th place finish since after the Oscars SOTM results were announced. So I am very very happy with this result. I'll also go down with the lowest SOTM score in the top 6 (by a big margin too) and if I had played safer there I could have reached much higher.

Nice jab at fate's obsession with keeping me second btw.

• Like 1

5th Place: wrathofhan (Down 3 places from the last table)

1,974,000 points

The big leader of the game for so long, wrath has been strong all game. Great SOTM scores mixed with consistently good weekly scores meant that only a disastrous preseason could stop a high finish. Sadly, even though the final preseason was not awful, it just slightly lacked the punch required to break the stratosphere of immortality. Wrathofhan's top 15 was very solid (a top ten performance), but the game was lost with the worldwide top 10 and top 7 OW. With summer fast approaching though, redemption may be just around the corner.

• Like 4