chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

.....omg. 

Yesterday when Chasmmi made the comment about us, I thought of joking that we came in 14th and 15th. Or 1st and 2nd.

Not sure which would have been funnier, now that I think about it.

I fully look forward to a third match in the summer. 

1 hour ago, JJ-8 said:

Or from Damien's perspective a terrible preseason. 

Worst preseason ever? Or worst preseason ever.

And, yeah, I knew it was bad a while back. At the very least I'll have to hope better than punting the top 10 WW scores like I did.

I suppose, OTOH, I punted the top 10 WW scores and Tele still couldn't catch me, so. ^_____^

• Like 2

4th Place: Exxdee (Up 0 places from the last table)

2,058,000 points

Finally somebody doesn't change position with final additions. Exxdee is the first player to crack to 2 million club and just like in summer a lot of this is down to ridiculously awesome weekly scores. If this game was purely based on that one aspect, it would be pointless for the rest of us to show up. However, compared to summer when exxdee's preseason scores score him tumble down the table (relatively to the weekly game), here his preseason scores also stayed strong and exx was eventually thwarted by three player that just went above and beyond the line of duty as we will eventually see :)

• Like 5

3rd Place: darkelf (Up 0 places from the last table)

2,075,000 points

And like London busses, another non-mover in a row. It wouldn't be a winter/summer game without darkelf being up in the upper echelons and here he is again. Darkelf really nailed this game this year. His SOTM performance surpassed every other player in the game, his weekly scores were only bettered by the inhuman Exxdee, Damienroc and Infernus. His top 15 was in the top 3 of all players also. The only weakness on show were a mediocre WW top 10 and top 7 OW and a pretty dire total gross predictions. Overall though this was an immense performance to make all summer players cower.  

• Like 5

Yup, I knew that I would fall just outside the top 3, their preseason was stronger. Thanks for running the game Chas (dont fall asleep now!), I'll be back in the summer where Exx gon give it to ya

Edited by Exxdee
  • Like 3

So, I'm cool with ending things now and calling it a tie between me and Grey Ghost. I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

Edit - Plus, like I was saying before, look how close these scores are! Just 17k between 3rd and 4th! Every weekly matters, and if someone tells you "Eh, its just a couple thousand points, its not worth worrying about." They're totally trying to screw you.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

Just kidding, the results will come in this post. We have two players left: Wrath and Grey Ghost.

Going into this showdown the scores looked as follows: 

Wrath: 1,277,000 points (1st)

Grey Ghost: 1,207,000 points (6th)

So wrath was in the ascendency, but only by 70,000 points and we all know how little that can be in the grand scheme of things.

So why don't we add some scores...

Starting with total grosses the scores were:

Wrath scored 40,000 points

Grey Ghost scored 50,000 points

The standings now look as follows:

Wrath 1,317,000  (already good enough for 18th)

Grey Ghost 1,257,000 (already good enough for 19th)

Grey has cut into wrath's lead, but only by 10k. 60k may be small, but it isn't insignificant.

So we must move onto the top 10 WW and the scores were...

Wrath scores 421,000

Grey Ghost scores 418,000

(It should be noted at this point how impressive these scores are. Not only are they 1st and 2nd place respectively in this section, they beat background character's 3rd best score by over 60,000 points! They beasted this section and it gave them a cushion of between 99k and 283k over the rest of the top 6.)

So now the current standings are:

Wrath 1,738,000  (already good enough for 12th)

Grey Ghost 1,675,000 (already good enough for 13th)

And now, only the top 15 is left to score. We already know that 99 trees was the top scorer in this section and I can reveal that she scored 839,000 points. Only one other player even scored over 700k. In fact the breakdown of top 15 scores looks as follows:

800k+ 1 player

700-800k 1 player

600-700k 3 players

500-600k 5 players

400-500k 5 players

300-400k 4 players

200-300k 5 players

0-200k 3 players  

As Grey ghost is 400k adrift of darkelf's 3rd place final total and wrath is 337k adrift, we know that both players came in the top 15 or 18 predictors respectively in this area. But how well did each player do?

We shall start with wrath who scored...

660,000 points!

Let us be fair that is a flipping awesome score (well look above, a maximum of 4 players did better). The only questions that matter though are whether one of them was grey ghost and if yes did he score more than 723,000 points?

As we know that tree was the 800k+ player that leaves a window of one possible player in the game that potentially scored enough points to usurp wraths position. Not only does that player have to be grey ghost but it cannot be a 700k+ score between 700k and 721k (I am willing to reveal that the game was not a dead heat :D)

So, did grey ghost shock the world and not only post the 2nd best Worldwide top 10 predictions but also the 2nd best  

domestic top 15 predictions?

I shall let you all know after these messages :D

• Like 7

Ok no more messing around :) 

So Wrath's final total stands at 2,398,000

Grey's is at 1,675,000 plus his top 15 score.

Grey needs to score over 723,000 points from his top 15. Only 2 players managed that accomplishment and one of them was 99 trees. The other one was...

Spoiler

not Baumer, Bastiengiot, Mikekaye, avi, Alfred, or panda

Spoiler

It was not bcf, laguy, kalo, blankments or Jajang

Spoiler

It wasn't filmovie, glassfairy, tele, misafeco, Damien or the background character

Spoiler

Nor was it kayu, movieman, chasmmi, exxdee, dajk, wrathofhan or darkelf

Spoiler

so it was either infernus or greyghost

Spoiler

It was greyghost. But was it above 723,000?

Spoiler

In short...

Spoiler

Yes. Yes it was. It was 766,000 points. An amazing score and an amazing result. Congratulations to both players you were the standouts in an overall great game and beating the rest of the field by over 300k was astounding.

I hope to see both back in summer :)

• Like 9

One more time I say well done to Mr. Ghost (and wrath too of course)

I also make special mention of darkelf who has fallen to his worst final position of the last 3 games (2 winters and a summer) of 3rd place. Utterly disgraceful finish if you ask me :D 

• Like 4

Are you guys for real right now? :kitschjob:

Looking at how many superior players beat me in virtually every facet of the game I was just hoping to make the top 10.

I'm shocked I actually somehow won. Wrath, especially, outplayed me in many areas.

I think I won because of something as simple as Bridge of Spies making the top 15. 

So Hateful 8 flopping pretty much saved me. :WHATanabe:

Anyway, this game is awesome. Everyone who plays is awesome. Thank you Chasmmi and all his minions for keeping it going.

Unfortunately, now that I won the Winter Game, my life has peaked. 

It's all downhill from here. :jeb!:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think I won because of something as simple as Bridge of Spies making the top 15.

And here is how insidious this game is. My internal prediction for BOS was $75m. In other words, I nailed it. But because I foolishly predicted a couple of movies to go slightly higher, it finished #16 on my list.

Curse you, box-office gods!

• Like 4