WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Maze Runner - 30.3M | Black Mass - 23.4M | Everest - 7.5M | The Visit - 11.4M | Perfect Guy - 9.7M

Meh increases all around. Everest is the best news of the weekend, followed by Black Mass OK opening. Neither Scorch Trials or Black Mass will come close to 100m DOM.

Maze Runner decline is in line with the Divergent series. Somewhat expected. OS should increase a bit over the original.

Black Mass at the end of the day is a hit considering that Depp hasn't had one in years.

Of course it's a hit. Even the mixed WOM (and I use "mixed" loosely) at least at my theatre, even people who didn't quite rave about it said that Depp himself was incredible.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, here's DAJK's theatre's report for the night (I'm going to ignore matinee numbers, although they were strong across the board).

Scorch Trials decreased less than 10% Friday-to-Saturday, which is much stronger than Insurgent's 23% drop and MockingJay's 25%. It's still ahead of Kingsman, and continues to run neck and neck with MI5. I don't have official numbers for anything before Oct 20, 2014 but I asked my boss and he said Scorch Trials is bigger all around than Maze Runner was last year, that movie had an (odd) large increase from Friday to Saturday on opening weekend.

Black Mass actually doubled from yesterday. While a few people aren't liking the movie, most people are, and I gues WOM is spreading. I'm not sure what the Sunday drop will be, but Black Mass is certainly doing well for itself.

The Visit actually had it's strongest day (minus Tuesdays) ever tonight, which is strange, because WOM has been mixed at best. Walk In the Woods is slowing down, but it had been pretty consistent for the past few days. And Jurassic World is obviously just filler, and only sells to around 15% capacity for each showing

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

Oh, and in case anyone cares, here's DAJK's theatre's report for the night (I'm going to ignore matinee numbers, although they were strong across the board).

Scorch Trials decreased less than 10% Friday-to-Saturday, which is much stronger than Insurgent's 23% drop and MockingJay's 25%. It's still ahead of Kingsman, and continues to run neck and neck with MI5. I don't have official numbers for anything before Oct 20, 2014 but I asked my boss and he said Scorch Trials is bigger all around than Maze Runner was last year, that movie had an (odd) large increase from Friday to Saturday on opening weekend.

Black Mass actually doubled from yesterday. While a few people aren't liking the movie, most people are, and I gues WOM is spreading. I'm not sure what the Sunday drop will be, but Black Mass is certainly doing well for itself.

The Visit actually had it's strongest day (minus Tuesdays) ever tonight, which is strange, because WOM has been mixed at best. Walk In the Woods is slowing down, but it has been pretty consistent. And Jurassic World is obviously just filler, and only sells to around 15% capacity for each showing

WOM for The Visit is good, unless you mean where you live it's been mixed. 

WOM for The Visit is good, unless you mean where you live it's been mixed.

Yes where I live :) I've worked quite a few days the past few weeks, so I've gotten a lot of reactions.

One thing I forgot to mention is that looking back, The Visit is actually 2015's top horror movie at our theatre.

Sat looking like

MRST 12.2, BM 8.8,TV 5.3,TPG 4.6, Ever 3,WR 2.5,WITW 1.2,MI5 1, Captive 430k,SOC 890k

So it looks like none of the openers really broke out. Black Mass is going to be on par with The Town ; after massive pre-release hype from the trades. The reviews are mixed at best, and WOM seems to be mixed as well. I doubt it's getting any Oscar noms, except maybe Depp. Legs will be interesting to watch as a barrage of adult action/dramas hit in October.