kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

Fuck this weekend. Shit September is shit.

September is actually doing better than August. I dont know what your expectations were. We're going to see two films open with 50m+ for the third weekend in a row. And there has been lots of variety as well. 

LOL you're crazy. Stop setting your expectations so ridiculously high. Box office isn't black and white.

Am I missing something, but was Everest supposed to be this juggernaut?

No. It's a drama about a real life expedition that ended badly. Universal kept the costs low for that reason and did the best they could to sell it.

• Like 1

Btw if there is a showing of 99 HOMES near anyone on this board... you should absolutely go and see it. I know it's only in a couple of cinemas in the whole country (same situation over here) but if you get the chance, you should see it, as it's fantastic.

I shall head to Brighton next week then. Only cineworld in the country outside of London showing it.

What? We're having a second straight weekend with a 30+ opener. The Intern did more than probably most of us expected. These past three weeks have been probably the most exciting September in a long time, with four big time openers over 25, and a few mid-level hits like Black Mass, Everest, and Intern. Don't be cynical just for the sake of it. 

The past couple weekends have been pretty interesting, imo. Several ~20+ openers that will turn into successful hits. We've got a major animation, a disaster movie, a young adult film, several dramas, and all have been successful. Nice for there to be some actual competition.

HT2 may break the September record again. Intern doing way better than expected. Your expectations are ridiculous.

The past 3 weekends have all been great for September.

Really the only bad things about this month at the BO have been Maze Runner underperforming, Everest not having a strong wide expansion, and MT getting Black Mass out of whack.

This could be the second highest grossing September on record.

September is actually doing better than August. I dont know what your expectations were. We're going to see two films open with 50m+ for the third weekend in a row. And there has been lots of variety as well. 

LOL you're crazy. Stop setting your expectations so ridiculously high. Box office isn't black and white.

Well, CJohn just got roasted in this thread.

• Like 6

lol Cjohn's expectations were not high. He just reacts like that all the time.

I still blame him for the letdown with 50 Shades "only" breaking the February OW record. :P 

He kept bringing up the 2D OW record in every single thread leading up to release that the actual performance was a major letdown. That weekend thread was so hyped up and then nothing. 

I still blame him for the letdown with 50 Shades "only" breaking the February OW record. :P

He kept bringing up the 2D OW record in every single thread leading up to release that the actual performance was a major letdown. That weekend thread was so hyped up and then nothing. 

He thought it could beat THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?

He thought it could beat THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?

I honestly don't know if he was kidding or not, but he did keep bringing it up as the target based on 50 Shades being in the Fandango top 5 presales ever. He is doing it again with the Star Wars 300M OW now  :P