WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

Did you like The Martian?

Yes, I did.  I thought Damn was terrific but I didn't love it.  The story takes a really weird turn at one point.  But it is very entertaining.

• Like 1

Maybe the problem is they made a Peter Pan movie and marketed it as a more dark film with very little star power.  At least with Spielberg's it looked like fun and it had about as all star a cast as you could for the 90's.  Williams, Roberts, Hoffman and even Bob Hoskins were pretty big stars back in 1991.

You thought the marketing was dark? I kinda thought it was campy and silly more than anything. I guess they were banking on Jackman as the star power, but the man continues to prove he has next to zero bank-ability at the B.O. outside of Wolvie. 

• Like 2

You thought the marketing was dark? I kinda thought it was campy and silly more than anything. I guess they were banking on Jackman as the star power, but the man continues to prove he has next to zero bank-ability at the B.O. outside of Wolvie. 

Maybe dark is too strong a word but it wasn't nearly as light as Hook was.

How is The Walk doing OS? It is bombing spectacularly here. Theaters gave it the biggest screen pretty much everywhere and the movie is in sixth place right now below The Martian, Black Mass, The Intern, Maze Runner and Everest.

The Walk is also an absolute disaster, and not really sure what on Earth caused it to do this bad? Unfortunate, since I think it is Zemeckis' strongest since Cast Away (though not a whole lot stronger than any of his stuff since then). 

I still think the World Trade Center is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people, even 14 years on.

I don't know about HT2, it's only doing 12% better than the first. It should end up somewhere between 170-180M.

And yet it just fell 15% better in its third weekend than the first.  

• Like 1