WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

First Class was pretty average.

I agree. If Fassbender and Mcavoy had been on par with everyone else in that movie (including Lawrence) it would've been a disaster. Fortunately for that film, they were both pretty dang good.

I know this will not settle anything but I thought it would be interesting to rank the weighted average score of the top 12 vote getters on IMDB for every year this past decade.

2010: 8

2006: 7.9

2009: 7.9

2012: 7.9

2008: 7.8

2005: 7.6

2007: 7.6

2013: 7.6

2011: 7.4

Don't get me wrong Incredibles is great and is tons more ambitious than Iron Giant, but Iron Giant has a ton of magic in it and the ending is tearjerking unlike any of Bird's other work

I cried watching Tomorrowland (at all the squandered potential and tonedeaf monologues), as I am sure plenty of Disney execs did as well.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Valerian in 2017. A 170M budget original sci-fi movie starring Dehaan and Delevingne, same release date as Nolan's next. Someone thought that was a good idea.

It is a french movie, technically not original, the comics is older than Star Wars and it influenced George Lucas but yeah the average Joe & Jane will see it as an original property, Luc Besson thought it was a good idea, he is the most powerful european director/producer. Valerian was his favorite comic growing up.

It is his life long dream project.

Lucy s success opened an opportunity, he took it.

He is a risk taker & a self made man.

He already sold the rights for the movie in lots of countries for a lot of money to back his ass.

He has ILM & Weta digital with him.

Otherwise, you have Disney s recent schedule until 2020 ...

• Like 1

Sony is very lucky to have HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II (and SPECTRE) this year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2015&sort=wwgross&order=DESC&studio=sony.htm

Without Spectre or Hotel, Sony's line up will be very very sad.

But bear in mind, Spectre's gross has to be split with the Broccoli's

& MGM (copyright holder). I don't know how much is Sony's share

but I remember someone saying Sony gets an unimpressive number

for Skyfall. 

Couverture-Esquire.jpg

Godzilla, Battleship, Prometheus, Tron Legacy, Need for Speed and Lone Ranger

113842-800w.jpg

They should be associated with better projects in the future if they are gonna recalled "The Next Generation"

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

At our theatre tonight, Martian did the equivalent of 9.7M, HT2 did 6.2M, Pan did 4.1M, War Room did only 1.8M and Hyena Road did 3.4M (which isn't bad for a Canadian film. We get no-shows for those sometimes).

• Like 1

Oh and as I was letting out Pan I got some mixed reactions but this one old man looked dead serious and said "it was Pan-tastic".

I laughed so hard I had to leave. The fact that the guy was probably 80 or older...

Couverture-Esquire.jpg

113842-800w.jpg

They should be associated with better projects in the future if they are gonna recalled "The Next Generation"

Oof, Idris with the rest of these dudes... :(

• Like 2

Couverture-Esquire.jpg

113842-800w.jpg

Idris Elba is so much better than all these other guys, it's not even funny.

• Like 3