WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

All told, that's not awful for Pan. Not sure how the midnight share would be, but low 20s are in the realm of possibility.

Then again, it'll lead to about 60-70m for a 150m film. Yeah, doubt Wb wanted that. Even when worldwide numbers save its ass, it's going to really fall short.

Edited by Spaghetti

I completely forgot it was Friday! When I saw this thread I was like "wtf Pan doesn't open for a couple of days!"

Anyways, those numbers aren't terrible all things considered. If this plays to families, low 20's is still certainly possible. OD of about 7M is happening.

• Like 2

That could've been worse, to be honest. In comparison, Tomorrowland did $725,000 in its early showings.

"It could have done worse. Tomorrowland did better."

How does this make any sense?

"It could have done worse. Tomorrowland did better."

How does this make any sense?

Signs the past few days had been indicating a sub-$20M opening, which would be even more catastrophic. An opening similar to Tomorrowland would be considering something of a (very minor) win at this point.