kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

48 minutes ago, jb007 said:

+1

48% is better drop than BvS no doubt. But it ain't 35% as the stupid report has claimed and people are happily quoting it blindly. The 38 Mil. also includes almost 7 M from Germany that opened this week.  The Austria gross has not been reported. Taking that into account the drop may be over 50%.

It's the way every flim works with 

Staggered release. It gives you this benefit.

Edited by Brainiac5

10 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Guys, let's stop using excuses when the movie does well, and piling on it when it does badly. It's holding well, just because it's not "bombing" like you'd want it to doesn't change that fact. Sorry, no big headlines there.

Yeah,it seems as if everyone is coming up with nonsense.

It doesn't matter of the flim opened in new markets ,every flim with Staggered release gets the minimum drop from week to week.

Can't wait till Monday that 350 prediction will be a wet dream and people are gonna start to respect this flim while it's on its way to 700ww (or very close to it) without China.

9 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yeah,it seems as if everyone is coming up with nonsense.

It doesn't matter of the flim opened in new markets ,every flim with Staggered release gets the minimum drop from week to week.

Can't wait till Monday that 350 prediction will be a wet dream and people are gonna start to respect this flim while it's on its way to 700ww (or very close to it) without China.

The film is a box office sucess but why would I respect it for being a 5/10 film? 

Many bad films have made large grosses. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

34 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The film is a box office sucess but why would I respect it for being a 5/10 film? 

Many bad films have made large grosses. 

Well as far as I can see the flim exceeded your expectations and still exceeding them.

Even though you didn't like the flim you have to give credit when it's do.

My post wasn't aimed at you but keep arguing about the new markets  being tge reason for its holds is pointless.

This is the benefits of having staggered release.

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Well as far as I can see the flim exceeded your expectations and still exceeding them.

Even though you didn't like the flim you have to give credit when it's do.

My post wasn't aimed at you but keep arguing about the new markets  being tge reason for its holds is pointless.

This is the benefits of having staggered release.

Not really I think the disivisve reaction to these films I think these films have already reach a high water mark for the dc universe for box office.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Not really I think the disivisve reaction to these films I think these films have already reach a high water mark for the dc universe for box office.

This flims was so called "poorly received"

But yet SS is about to have a better multiplier than Civil War and BVS has counted for 50+% of all home video sales for four weeks in the row.

I think the General Audience have learned thier lesson with DC flims and that's to judge the flim for themselves.

This is why Man of Steel made so much in home video sales .

DC high water mark has yet to be determined.These flims are grossing close to a billion dollars and that's only phase one.

DC brand wasn't build overseas ,after this year that will change.

11 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

This flims was so called "poorly received"

But yet SS is about to have a better multiplier than Civil War and BVS has counted for 50+% of all home video sales for four weeks in the row.

I think the General Audience have learned thier lesson with DC flims and that's to judge the flim for themselves.

This is why Man of Steel made so much in home video sales .

DC high water mark has yet to be determined.These flims are grossing close to a billion dollars and that's only phase one.

DC brand wasn't build overseas ,after this year that will change.

Twilight made money too

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jb007 said:

That pretty much sums it up. :lol:

People believe just because they don't like something everybody should feel the same way.

Obviously the flim is pleasing it's fans as it continues to make money:rofl:

Edited by Brainiac5

The drop is always considering the same markets over a period of 2 consecutive weekends. In a staggered release the grosses can even go up. That doesn't mean the movie is having phenomenal holds. That would be too much to ask for some to comprehend and  given the quality of arguments, can't say I'm surprised. :lol:

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jb007 said:

+1

48% is better drop than BvS no doubt. But it ain't 35% as the stupid report has claimed and people are happily quoting it blindly. The 38 Mil. also includes almost 7 M from Germany that opened this week.  The Austria gross has not been reported. Taking that into account the drop may be over 50%.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

35 minutes ago, jb007 said:

The drop is always considering the same markets over a period of 2 consecutive weekends. In a staggered release the grosses can even go up. That doesn't mean the movie is having phenomenal holds. That would be too much to ask for some to comprehend and  given the quality of arguments, can't I'm surprised. :lol:

Arguments like yours?;)

• Like 1

My point is many films you don't like make a lot of money but the box office success does not indicate anything about the quality of the film.

There are many films that flopped and are great.

The DC universe is a huge box office success but likely could be a greater one if the films were better.