kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

SS numbers ( both domestic and overseas ) are quite good.

I remember when some people said SS would fail to make much more than 500 million. Then, once it made 500 million, people said it would struggle to make 600 million. Once the movie made 600 million, people said 630-650 million would be the possible final numbers. Now that the movie has made 635 million, we're now discussing if the movie can make 700 million worldwide. Wow, things really change fast! :)

The fact that we're even doing that without talking about China, speaks volumes about the movie's performance.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 8

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

SS numbers ( both domestic and overseas ) are quite good.

I remember when some people said SS would fail to make much more than 500 million. Then, once it made 500 million, people said it would struggle to make 600 million. Once the movie made 600 million, people said 630-650 million would be the possible final numbers. Now that the movie has made 635 million, we're now discussing if the movie can make 700 million worldwide. Wow, things really change fast! :)

The fact that we're even doing that without talking about China, speaks volumes about the movie's performance.

And yet robertliefeld on Twitter argued with Mark Hughes  about SS boxoffice.Hes keep saying the movie has only broke even and will not make a profit.

Everytime they bring up movies in the MCU  with similar budgets he always say something along the lines of "Studio takes 50% of boxoffice receipts It's called math use it"

The Winter Soldier 

712ww on a 170mil production budget 

While not crossing the 300 domestic mark.

S.S 715ww on a 175mil production budget while crossing the 300 domestic mark and no China. 

If SS broke even then tws lost money.

Only do to China where the studio only takes 25% so that's  31mil from a 115mil gross  and a 269mil overall.

SS numbers will be above 300mil if his math is correct.

Yet he still can't live with the thought that SS is well over break even point.

Edited by Brainiac5

1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

And yet robertliefeld on Twitter argued with Mark Hughes  about SS boxoffice.Hes keep saying the movie has only broke even and will not make a profit.

Everytime they bring up movies in the MCU  with similar budgets he always say something along the lines of "Studio takes 50% of boxoffice receipts It's called math use it"

The Winter Soldier 

712ww on a 170mil production budget 

While not crossing the 300 domestic mark.

S.S 715ww on a 175mil production budget while crossing the 300 domestic mark and no China. 

If SS broke even then tws lost money.

Only do to China where the studio only takes 25% so that's  31mil from a 115mil gross  and a 269mil overall.

SS numbers will be above 300mil if his math is correct.

Yet he still can't live with the thought that SS is well over break even point.

I saw his tweet. Just ignore the guy, he obviously wants some attention.

If we follow his logic, no movie made a profit. He keeps saying that, WB keeps making movies. I guess WB should be fine with the numbers, unless they're controlled by DC fanatics that love bruning and bleeding money, haha.

29 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I saw his tweet. Just ignore the guy, he obviously wants some attention.

If we follow his logic, no movie made a profit. He keeps saying that, WB keeps making movies. I guess WB should be fine with the numbers, unless they're controlled by DC fanatics that love bruning and bleeding money, haha.

What gets me is not one of the so called professionals have pointed out the fact that all dceu movies have average 300 domestic.

Mos was 291 but that's damn close.

I think this frontloaded talk is about to come to an end with all movies.

Professionals have to understand releases dates factors in a movies 2nd week drop and So on.

The Bias is real with the media.

CW had poor legs and the excuse everyone uses is "Not a summer release"

BVs have poor legs and it's only because the movie is bad.  Which one of these two had the better release date?

CW at the least it had 25% of schools out. Bvs only had a good holiday weekend followed by weeks of school days.

Nobody ever mention this.

• Like 1