kayumanggi

SUICIDE SQUAD | 421.7 M overseas ● 746.8 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Don't be fooled by Scott Mendelson's hyperbole. That drop is from Friday to Friday, and not from last weekend to this weekend. 

SS is not getting a 79% weekend drop, though it's safe to assume that critics and tabloids would love to see that happening. 

The South Korea weekend drop is brutal, though. However, it's not that the movie is dropping 85% everywhere, lol. In fact, it seems to be performing better than X-Men Apocalypse everywhere around the world. If Apocalypse made 379 million overseas, I don't doubt SS will make it too. SS already destroyed Apocalypse's domestic numbers in 6 days. 

At least it should be fine in Brazil :)

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Don't be fooled by Scott Mendelson's hyperbole. That drop is from Friday to Friday, and not from last weekend to this weekend. 

SS is not getting a 79% weekend drop, though it's safe to assume that critics and tabloids would love to see that happening. 

The South Korea weekend drop is brutal, though. However, it's not that the movie is dropping 85% everywhere, lol. In fact, it seems to be performing better than X-Men Apocalypse everywhere around the world. If Apocalypse made 379 million overseas, I don't doubt SS will make it too. SS already destroyed Apocalypse's domestic numbers in 6 days. 

XAPOC had $121 in China, just imagine if SS had china too.... I think this kind of movie would perform well in China.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If Apocalypse made 379 million overseas, I don't doubt SS will make it too. SS already destroyed Apocalypse's domestic numbers in 6 days. 

Apocalypse made $258m O/S - China.   So yes it's going to do better than that.  I think $350m O/S is the target.

21 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Apocalypse made $258m O/S - China.   So yes it's going to do better than that.  I think $350m O/S is the target.

So far the overseas markets are leading North America by a smidge with only a few left to open and nothing really big.  So yeah I'm thinking if it does 350 that'd be very good, ~650 total.

Edited by IMojammer

16 hours ago, Subzero said:

XAPOC had $121 in China, just imagine if SS had china too.... I think this kind of movie would perform well in China.

I don’t think so.

The Score of Apocalypse in Douban is 8.0,which is higher than Civil War(7.8),BvS(6.6) and Deadpool(7.5 but didn’t get a release date in China).

Apocalypse earned 8.4 rated by less than 5500 user in Jun.2(Chinese release date is Jun.3).BvS got 8.2 at beginning(Mar.25 0:00am) and dropped to 7.2(Mar.26 0:00am).Suicide Squad earns 7.1 with less than 4750 user now.You can see clear that the reviews and reactions may not be much better than BvS(and I think it could be worse) if SS get a release date in China.

Apocalypse earned $58.48M OW with 2.13×.BvS did $56.96M OW with 1.67×.CW $96.59M with 1.99×.

Some of my predictions(and the real numbers) before:

BvS

OW - $70M($56.96M)

Total - $130M($94.98M)

CACW

OW - $95M($96.59M)

Total - $185M($191.78M)

But in BOT, I said CACW would beat $400M+ in China.:D

Apocalypse

OW - $48M($58.48M)

Total - $86M($121.58M)