WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

The Help probably should've won BP that year. True it likes the cliche and melodramatic tropes, but it's the good "Forrest Gump" kind of sap so to speak. It's a movie that is going to be around for awhile and is probably already a modern classic. I like The Artist more than most probably, but it's long forgotten already.

The Help was probably in the bottom three of BP that year with votes. Certainly quality wise.

• Like 1

Look at that one theater that has 3D starting at 12:20, 2D starting at 12:50, and then IMAX starting at 1:40.

IMAX would not start at 1:40am. Simple as that. That is clearly a case of late-night Thursday shows being read as Thursday AM instead of Friday AM. That 1:40am IMAX showing is clearly the 3rd showing of the night, after earlier 7:00pm and 10:20pm shows.

Star Wars is one movie which could have afforded to go only midnights. Looks like DH2 midnight numbers will remain the record forever since true midnights are a thing of the past. Which movie has the previews record currently? AOU maybe? Can't remember any other preview numbers more than 25M (Catching Fire was 25.2 if memory serves).

• Like 1

Star Wars is one movie which could have afforded to go only midnights. Looks like DH2 midnight numbers will remain the record forever since true midnights are a thing of the past. Which movie has the previews record currently? AOU maybe? Can't remember any other preview numbers more than 25M (Catching Fire was 25.2 if memory serves).

No 7 PM previews? I am dropping my prediction from 325M OW to just 300M OW then. 

• Like 1

Man those would be great #'s. Pretty damn solid for CP and GB. Hope BoS gets a little bump. But it is still early and a lot can change.

BoS's number is pretty good considering how poor the marketing was. With that Friday it will probably do around 18m for the weekend, and it's the kind of movie that I would almost guarantee at least a 4x multi for. So I'd say 70-80m total with that OW. 

I really enjoyed it, but it's obvious why it didn't catch on.

It's a movie I definitely want to see it again. Liked it much better than All is Lost. 

Hopefully it's gonna be one of those films people discover later on and go "whoa, why hadn't I heard of this before?"

So with no other major horror movies left for release in 2015, it looks like the highest grossing horror movie of this year will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan making it the 4th time he has the highest grossing horror movie in a given year.

• Like 3

So with no other major horror movies left for release in 2015, it looks like the highest grossing horror movie of this year will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan making it the 4th time he has the highest grossing horror movie in a given year.

How dare you forget Krampus, i.e. Star War's only true threat!

• Like 1

Chastain spend a decade not being able to even get auditions. Of course now she's gonna say yes to every interesting movie/director comes her way without thinking what's best for her career/image etc. 

THE HUNTSMAN

27C8D7F300000578-3047569-Back_to_work_Je

Waht-a-Twist.jpg

• Like 1