WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

As far as the potential replacements for the Big 3 down the line if Marvel decides to replace them in-universe and not just recast, Portman as Jane Foster as the new Thor is the one I just can't envision. And this is not a sexism thing, either. I just can't envision NATALIE PORTMAN as female Thor.

Maybe if they had her regenerate into Ronda Rousey?

Edited by TServo2049

grim22, on 16 Oct 2015 - 3:40 PM, said:

Allegiant's box office drop will surprise no one though.

At the very least they're not calling that Part 1 and Part 2 anymore. Not sure it'll help much boxoffice-wise, but at least it sounds better to my ears.

Hopefully Marvel follows suit.

At the very least they're not calling that Part 1 and Part 2 anymore. Not sure it'll help much boxoffice-wise, but at least it sounds better to my ears.

Hopefully Marvel follows suit.

I don't know why Marvel decided to do Part 1 &2 since Feige even says there's not a cliffhanger and it's not as if he's dividing a book  Just go back to Infinity Gauntlet & Infinity War.

Edited by TalismanRing

Come on Marvel, you have the perfect get-out-of-part-numbering-free card right in front of you.

Part 1 -> The Infinity Gauntlet

Part 2 -> The Infinity War

Boom. Solved.

Talisman beat me to it. And "go back?" It was never announced with two separate titles. But that is the perfect solution.

Edited by TServo2049

I've just logged in, are these numbers bad?

They're not good, but it's always foolish to judge kid's movies by preview numbers. Always.

Though Goosebumps is certainly not a typical kids movie. There's aren't many horror movies for kids.

• Like 1

If you go to Moviefone, and set the date as Dec 16th: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/star-wars-the-force-awakens/10118651/showtimes?mileValue=Unlimited&selectedShowDate=2015-12-16

It shows a few theaters releasing showtimes for The Force Awakens on midnight Dec 16. A couple of theaters near me have 7-8 shows programmed from midnight Dec 16 onwards at 12am, 12:20am, 3am, 4am, etc. Could Disney be bringing up the release one day in order to match the international release dates since a few countries will get it starting Thursday like France, Australia, Brazil etc.

Whatever part 2 does is a bonus for Lionsgate I guess. Although it would have been good if they had just wrapped it up in 3 movies, a single Mockingjay movie I feel would have had the potential to do around 450M domestic especially coming off the extremely well received "Catching Fire" and would have hit 1B WW. 

I don't know how the financials work out, but I have to wager no one saw the huge drop coming with MJ1, and in the end it may not be all that significant of a difference. 

Allegiant's box office drop will surprise no one though.

Allegiant is gonna tank so spectacularly that Lionsgate will immediately cancel the final movie. 

If you go to Moviefone, and set the date as Dec 16th: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/star-wars-the-force-awakens/10118651/showtimes?mileValue=Unlimited&selectedShowDate=2015-12-16

It shows a few theaters releasing showtimes for The Force Awakens on midnight Dec 16. A couple of theaters near me have 7-8 shows programmed from midnight Dec 16 onwards at 12am, 12:20am, 3am, 4am, etc. Could Disney be bringing up the release one day in order to match the international release dates since a few countries will get it starting Thursday like France, Australia, Brazil etc.

:ohmygod:
  • Like 1

400M 4 day OW confirmed.

A screen capture.

cqZYecE.png

I checked Fandango and Movietickets and both stop on December 14th right now.

:kitschjob:

They are gonna movie it to Wednesday. 

:sarah:

500M 5 day OW is possible.